Does dating a person more attractive make you want to improve yourself?

Generally speaking, if an unattractive person dates and attractive person, do they work on their looks to make themselves visually appealing to their S. O?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. I would not consider myself unattractive, but whenever I like a person (either a very good looking person or a still quite beautiful person because everyone I like seems beautiful to me) I want to be the best I can be, not only for myself but also for her. It's not only to make myself visually appealing, for example: I'm more motivated to run and work out, as well as I'm more motivated to study, practice the piano, clean my room, etc. It's not like I turn into a room-cleaning-machine (sorry ladies) it's just an extra motivation.

What Guys Said 7

• Well when I am in a relationship with someone I try to be constantly improving myself, however when I am dating I am just doing what I feel like doing. It doesn't really matter if they are super attractive or super charismatic, if we are just dating then I treat it just like that and don't let them get to my head.

• well I certainly would, but I mean im already all about that, perfecting my temple at the gym:)

• Nah, eff that. If they don't find my attractive now, they won't do so when I supposedly 'improve' myself. I do stuff for me, not anybody else.

• I'm always looking to improve because my attitude doesn't depend on a person but rather my beliefs & goals. becasue if you become better based on a person or something finite then you will only go a very little distance. the people who are considered greats (michael jordan, steve jobs, etc.) were motivated by love & passion not by other people.

• Lol and if your goal is to attract a beautiful woman and constantly improve yourself to please her?

• Then I'm setting myself up for failure because if my focus is to attract & to please her then I will ultimately fail. you see what attracts a woman is WHO I am not what I DO. as much as I would love to date a beautiful girl that is a skater or surfer I can't because that's not my lifestyle or personality. I'm an athlete & philosopher. the only reason we would date would most likely be the sex. but after the sex gets old, which it does, we will both be feeling empty on the inside and would ultimately look for a person with shared interests, ideas, & dislikes.

• Yeah, of course. Unless you already know that person loves you, in which case you just feel really lucky.

• yeah... you feel you have the best so u wanna be at your best aswell

• I don't think this applies to me. LOL! But it did used to yes :D

What Girls Said 1

• If I find someone super attractive I would definitely want to be the best I can be.