I am out with him now- how can I tell him I have no feelings for him?

It is our 4th date. I tried to like him, but there is no chemistry on my side. He likes me so much. I know that for sure. I was kind of extending it because I don't want him to be shocked. But I am tired. I cannot give him what he wants.

Is it s good idea to tell him after by text?

Most Helpful Guy

• Question... why did you agree to a fourth date if you have no feelings for him? thats just a waste of his time and yours. refusing the fourth date would have Easily conveyed this message and now you are stuck. If you are with him now, i suggest after the date, you thank him for the date, and the previous ones, then tell him that you don't see it going anywhere in the future. He's not going to be shocked, he's going to be hurt, more because you knew you didn't have feelings and agreed to another date than anything else.

• There are many reasons. First, he is a nice person. He was totally devoted to me since day 1. We met in a funny way.
      The second reason is that I don't want to dump some guy then regret it.

I have been in a struggle for weeks.

But when I want to see him I don't feel eager. I don't have that nice feeling that I am flying...

• I did it.

I talked to him on the phone. He was very angry. He blocked me right away! He even did not give the chance to explain. I feel bad but I had to do it.

• Well, at least now its out there. you can rest your mind. he's gonna calm down later but he's probably thinking the same thing i said "why did she agree to go out again if she knew she didn't like me".

What Guys Said 5

• just tell him you don't like him anymore, or are no longer interested. you shouldn't date someone and try to like them. just tell him straight and move on with your life.

• If you are not confortable with telling him face-to-face then yes, just text him saying that you can't carry on as it's not working out for you, thats the hardest part of it, once that is done, there is nothing else, he might reply but from then on you don't really have to talk back, he will get the message, nobody should be forced into something they don't want to be in, don't worry about it, just let him know and move on.

• Stop settling and be truthful with yourself. Straight-up tell him and avoid getting into that situation in the first place. You can never count on that working.

• No, tell him in person. And do it as soon as possible. Don't lead him on any more and just be honest

• No, just do it now, it'll hurt, but sooner or later he'll be fine. It's cruel to break a heart over text, and it's just not fair. But it's also no fair for either of you to continue seeing eachother if you have no feelings for him.

What Girls Said 2

• just tell him you don't like him anymore, or are no longer interested. you shouldn't date someone and try to like them.

• "I really enjoyed getting to know you and I think you're a really awesome person, but I feel like we should keep meeting new people. Thank you very much for the time we spent and for the dates". I would tell him in person. Text is so impersonal. He will know your words are genuine if he can look at you and hear you as you speak.