Tinder date...- help?

So I've been talking to a guy for 2 weeks or so that I met on Tinder. We haven't met in real life but he's offered a few times to come round to my place and make tea.. Thing is, I don't want to meet him for the first time alone and in my house as realistically he's a stranger. What's the best way to get round this and try and get him to take me out somewhere ie in public? And should I be concerned he wants to come over straight away? like does it sound like he's wanting something else? he's said before he's not in to girls sexting/ sending nude pics and we've never talked about anything sexual..

Most Helpful Guy

• I met my "Wife" (soon to be) on Facebook lol met her in my uniform.. anywho beside that being the point. just tell him that you want to meet somewhere better like a restaurant or a fair (if any are there right now) but most likely a restaurant plus if you do invite him to your house.. tell everyone you know like close friends even family for that matter.. or (Once i did this) i went to be the body guard for a friend of mine.. in other words i stood far away and viewed them as the guy approached new how he looked and then walked away... 4 years later they got married xD.. still take extra step if you have a smart phone put a tracker on it.. if you got friends tell them who this guy is and ask one of them to meet you with them.. and then the other guy can take off and leave you 2 alone in the restaurant or park or whatever it is the places that you soul desire to meet

What Guys Said 4

• You can tell him you want to meet in a public place, since you feel uncomfortable to meet at your house because you've never seen him face-to-face before. He will understand. If you don't want to confront him, you can just tell him: Let's meet [here], [here] being a restaurant, a farmer's market, a park, a beach, anything. He's most likely eager to meet you and won't judge you about the fact that it doesn't take place inside your house.
    It's a win-win situation. If things turn out a little awkward (this happened to me before), you always have some stuff to do or watch that is more fun than just sitting on a couch sipping tea and watching each other in silence.

• just offer up the meeting place to be public, if he refuses then forget about him. whats his problem.

• maybe you should ask yourself what you want.. playing it safe with someone you barely know is a wise choice though. goodluck :)

• yas meet up sumwhere in pubs for ur safety. he can do sumthing to u if its just u both alone. if he doesn't wanna meet up in pubs, that could be the reason why he wanna see u 1 on 1 ;P

What Girls Said 1

• Just tell him you're uncomfortable with first meeting not being in public.

Mostly tinder is used for hooking up though.