Always worried that the guy i'm dating will hook up with someone?

Been dating this guy for 4 months. He's leaving on vacatio and im worried he's gonna hook up with someone:(I always worry because we're not committed and we haven't talked about our relationship and I honestly do not know what he truly feels for me. I'm so tired of all this worrying. I'm afraid to tell him how I truly feel for him because I don't want to scare him. Last time I told a guy my true feelings, he broke up with me so now I'm being super cautious. Guys what should I do? :(((

Most Helpful Guy

• My personal opinion is that you should be able to talk to him about this (your guys' commitment level) now that you've been seeing one another for this long. I mean, four months is a pretty long time.

You can't run from the conversation forever, you gotta be prepared to go after what you want. If he happens to get scared off by this conversation after having dated for four months, then it's highly unlikely that the dude would EVER want to commit you to anyhow.

What Guys Said 6

• Why not talk to him and make things clear.. Its better to communicate rather than to think about it everyday and feel bad..

• Take a chance - life is short- be upfront - don't guess - move on if need be - find someone that loves you!

• Seize the moment why wait? if he doesn't care about your feelings he isn't worth your time! people get with anyone these days, be true to yourself, live thinking with what you should have done or face it dead on and get the answers you want! goodluck :)

• you have to trust him, just suck it up and let it play out. i know this is something you don't want to hear but you'll make it worse if you're paranoid about it. sorry and i wish you the best!

• tell him that you care for him a greater deal than he thinks and that you don't want to lose him.

• Tell him what you feel, don´t hide your feelings. Fear is the wrost enemy of all relationships.

What Girls Said 2

• I think you have to make this talk sooner or later. Because you're living not a relationship right now. It's just a torture. If he wants to go then, let him go. You can't tie a person. Feelings, lived things make us connected. Not forcing or something. Don't be afraid. If he wants to leave, so what. Everyone deserves a real relationship not a shadow one.

• If you want to talk to him about commitment then just do it, if he's a decent human being he'll sit down and listen to you no matter what your thoughts are. To be honest, if you're not committed then you shouldn't be worrying about him hooking up with somebody else - that's kind of the whole point of not being committed, you have freedoms.

I think you should stop making more angst for yourself and just sit him down and talk to him about the future, your relationship and possibly committing deeper. If he leaves you because of that he's an asshole. A conversation of that nature is not abnormal or weird at all, in fact it's the most common step in moving a relationship forward. I also think you should try and stop stressing about this whole "hooking up with others" issue. There's no point in having relationship if you're stressed out and worrying constantly - by the sounds of you're better off being single. But try and talk to him. What's the worst that can happen? xx