If you were to ever consider having a relationship with a Latino/Hispanic Man, would you ladies ever automatically assume that he's a "woman beater"?

just because of his ethnic group alone?

I honestly hate having to suffer from the "macho" and "woman beater" stereotype from stupid girls who only base their judgement of certain ethnic groups of men off of stories from other women (only with their own personal experience). Even women of my own ethnic group give me shit because of my Latino/Hispanic ethnic, which is very fucking pathetic because they're no saints either.

I mean seriously, would it be fair to any of you ladies (of all ethnic group) for us men (of all ethnic groups) to assume that "all black women are loud, annoying and ghetto single mothers who leech off of welfare" or that "all Latina/Hispanic women are nothing but a bunch of bad-tempered, baby incubators who leech off of welfare" or that " all Asian women are a bunch of self-haters who only prefer white men for their looks, skin color and status" or that all white women are a bunch of over-privileged, self-centered, disloyal and materialistic whores"? See where I'm going with this?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 9

• I have dated many Hispanic men and never even heard such a thing. Thinking you need a new group of peers. ;P

• I'll admit, most of these negative stereotypes of Hispanic/Latino males (especially towards Mexican men) in my experience came from mostly White males. They even went as far as telling me even my own ethnic group of women hates me. I guess it's because they have serious insecurity problems and want to attack men of other ethnic groups because they think they're the shit because they're white males. I guess these "men" have some sort of small penis syndrome to give me such ego-driven attack just because they feel the need to be the "best race of men" and be competitive of which race of men gets the most women (of all ethnic groups).

• I have never heard of that stereotype for Latino/Hispanic men. Even if I did, I wouldn't believe it because it's a stereotype. Every guy is different, there are going to be good and bad guys in every race/ethnicity. You can't just assume from a stereotype, you need to find out by getting to know them.

• I've never even heard that sterotype, so I of course I would

• I don't think anyone thinks that, dude. Didn't even know that was a thing.

• Maybe it's because you're from the UK and not from the US of A.

• I wouldn't think of Latino/Hispanic man is a woman beater because I have never heard of that stereotype before, and if I'm willing to date someone that is the last thing I think about.

• I never jump automatically into those conclusions, I first analyse their body language.

• lol isn't analysing the body language the same as jumping to conclusions? It's basically prejudice.

• For someone who isn't specialised in the field, it may seem that way. But to me it is something different. It can tell me stuff the person won't tell me personally through his/her mouth.

• well, I didn't know that was a stereotype. maybe you're just assuming that because of certain guys you hangout with or know. maybe try distancing yourself from them. and you won't have to worry people thinking your the same?

• I'll admit, most of these negative stereotypes of Hispanic/Latino males (especially towards Mexican men) in my experience came from mostly White males. They even went as far as telling me even my own ethnic group of women hates me and finds me unattractive. I guess it's because they have serious insecurity problems and want to attack men of other ethnic groups because they think they're the shit because they're white males. I guess these "men" have some sort of small penis syndrome to give me such ego-driven attack just because they feel the need to be the "best race of men" and be competitive of which race of men gets the most women (of all ethnic groups).

• maybe. but the real issue for you is: why do you care? take a step back and figure out why something someone else says matters to you and fix that.

• No, I don't think I would assume that. I can recognize a stereotype when I see it and I don't go around under the delusion that all Hispanic men are abusive, all Asian men have small dicks, all black men have big dicks, or all white men are arrogant and self righteous.

• no, seriously? i wouldn't at all.

What Guys Said 2

• I never heard that assumption about Latino men. White redneck men, yes, but not Latino.

• You would think black football players would wear that hat in the "US of A".

I mean hispanics aren't really labeled as women beaters because there are few mediatic cases about a hispanic beating up his gf or wife. But the American media has (unwillingly) dressed a negative portrait of blacks/NFL players in that regard. But as CommieDearest pointed out in another question: violence and crime rate is more related to poverty and lack of education than actual race.

The latino/hispanic "couple stereotype" is that you are a sex driven macho who only thinks with his penis. Your people say things like "Viva la raza", "Tu culo es de puta madre" and "Esta mamasita es muy caliente." (I am latino compadre)

Also according to "slangtalk", here are the actual stereotypes:

Hispanics/Mexicans - Don't speak English, have too many children, lazy, low intelligence, dirty, illegal immigrants, do manual labour.

Black People - Good rhythm, large penises, good at basketball, live in the ghetto, have no jobs, lazy, criminals and thieves, like fried chicken/watermelon, large lips.

I see no woman beater stereotype.