For both genders: What is in your opinion the best way to break up with gf?

I have been dating this girl for almost a year now, and i want out of the relationship. To put it in perspective, we are both 14 freshmen in high school. I have been in relationships before, but I'm her first crush. I am not cheating, she isn't cheating, its just... I don't want to date her anymore. What is the best way to break up with her without hurting her?

The thing is, I haven't done anything to make her think that I am done with this relationship. I would prefer to do something on a longer scale, rather than just tell her outright one day

Most Helpful Girl

• Im 14 too. Just get a friend to tell her that something isn't quite right in the relationship. Trust me this works - I did it for my friend today. If you ever need advice, just ask me - im the same age as you and I can probably tell you what she is thinking. Us girls are strong and intelligent... lol. Don't worry though. You can get through this...:)

What Girls Said 5

• You're going to hurt her. That's just life. Tell her kindly, face to face, but make it short. Don't apologize a ton of times. It's worse when it feels like pity.

• Be honest. say it to her face.. i wouldn't plan on doing it in the middle of the day or at the beginning. so at the end of the day. say as respectful as possible. and if you want to keep her as a friend let her know.

• Be honest. I'd prefer face to face. Just tell her the truth. You are not satisfied with the relationship any more. Say it nicely, don't bash her. But don't apologize a lot, you have the right to leave the relationship and be happy.

• Be honest with her and tell her it just isn't working out. You are too young to worry about this stuff anyways!

• I don't know. Gonna be honest. When I was 14/15 I broke up with a guy in an email.

I guess do it face to face and just explain that you feel the relationship has run its course and you think it'd be best to part ways mutually as friends.

What Guys Said 3

• Your going to hurt her no matter what that's just how it goes. But you can be a gentleman about it meet her somewhere quiet face to face and let her know that you think she great. But that its just not working for you and that's it's you not her and hopefully things will go smoothly.

• You are going to hurt her. It's just part of the deal. You can be a gentleman about it. You meet up with her in person. Explain that you think she's a good person, but that you don't think you two are compatible any more. Do not tell her all the things she did wrong, or be mean. Let her know that you understand if she doesn't want to speak to you anymore, but you don't hold any hard feelings toward her.

• Telling the truth by letting her know why you want to break up. Either it's her messing up, you messing up, you found someone else, etc

• The problem is, there is no real reason why the break up. It's just I am getting tired of this relationship, neither of us messed up, I don't like anyone else, or anything like that.

• Just say that, you can even do the whole "it's not you its me" thing lol