He wants a second chance. Should I do it?

This guy I was talking to admitted that he messed up and apologized and said he won't do it again. This was the first time he ever messed up. Should I give him another chance or keep it moving since they say once a cheater always a cheater.

Most Helpful Guy

• The fact that you've posted a question about it probably means that you shouldn't.

If you can rebuild the trust between you and your partner then you could give him another chance, but do you want to take the chance that he'll be faithful to you the second time around?

If I was in your position, I'd walk away. Life is too short to wasting it on idiots.

What Guys Said 3

• Give him a second chance. The saying once a cheater always a cheater is applyed by someone that thinks it´s a perfect person. Be careful, set apart your anger and analyze if he would be the type that truly repent from his mistakes.

• Lol.. do y'all nsive cuties really think that y'all can change a man? Don't make meh laugh lel

• What type of cheating? Emotional, physical, or both?

• Both I think but I know emotional. He tried to hide the calls and texts but I found out

• Well I would find out just for disclosures reasons. I personally would not break up. But then again I am married and I feel it brings in different dynamics than when I was dating.

What Girls Said 1

• If he cheated on you, hell no. He knew what he was doing. If you have any self-respect you'll kick his ass to the curb. If you forgive him for cheating once then he knows he can do it again, and he will have a little less respect for you, if any for not respecting yourseld enough to turn him down for a man who is loyal to you. If he cheats again, it's your own fault.