Is this guy playing me? Or is he genuine?

He always compliments me on my appearance. Recently he asked me out and confessed to me over text that he's had a crush on me for over a year. On the date a few days ago he was very gentlemanly and even held my hand. Afterwards he suggested we go out again.

The thing is that he's very confident, comfortable with women and probably has a bit of an ego from what I can see. He's almost a bit too 'smooth'. I can't tell if he's just playing me because he can tell I'm shy and inexperienced, or he genuinely likes me.

So what are some signs a guy is genuinely interested in me as a person, and not just a player looking for a good time?

He also texts me a lot throughout the day.

What Guys Said 2

• Your description makes clear that he likes you and is actively courting you while you are perhaps too cautious in the matter. I'd suggest that you accept his invitation and enjoy yourself to any extent you wish, but you must always guide yourself by your third eye and gut instincts while staying in your comfort zone (if you will permit a few cliches here).

Well, you think you lack experience and here is opportunity knocking for you to meet someone on a personal level and perhaps gain a bit of insight into the human personality. If you think you might like him go have some fun. Why don't you get to know the dude and see if his self-confidence is just a cover-up of his insecurity or whether he is a man of accomplishment. You would win either way on an experiential level.

If you decide to interact with him I'd think that you could become the dominant party here. Tell him where you want to go and what you want to do when you go out together. Be a good listener, smile, nod your head yes or no to keep him speaking, hold hands when appropriate, and always wear a bit of red. At first, limit what you reveal about yourself, but listen to him to see whether you like him. Congratulations!

• Thank you for such a thoughtful answer! I will keep everything you said in mind. I think I just need to give him more of a shot and see what happens.

• No real clues showing here. Players all play the game differently. Just don't do anything you will regret until you feel secure in his motives.

What Girls Said 0