If he likes me then why doesn't he make plans with me?

My one friend keeps telling me this guy likes me. He even said it himself he liked me, when he was drunk he tried to kiss me, and I would back away more because I didn't know if he was serious or not. Well he doesn't make plans with me, he doesn't call me, he doesn't do anything, but I hear all the time how much he likes me, and he has flirted with me, at times he would even be straight forward with me and literally say "Do you want to have sex?" Lol.

He's not shy at all, but what I don't get is that if he likes me then why doesn't he make plans with me? Or is it because he really doesn't like me and doesn't take me seriously? I highly doubt that he's scared or whatever. I maybe wrong, maybe some of you fellas can enlighten me lol. What do you think? Thank you.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 8

• Ok beautiful young lady, please allow me to enlighten you to my chain of thought :-D

1. Shy or not, this is another chap who's tad scared of rejection
    2. A confident and popular girl like you well can intimidate the best of guys
    3. That is exactly what's happening most likely
    4. Whether he's unsure or similar is ruled out considering all the feedback to you on how much he likes you
    5. Hence, two that remain is (a) he's scared of rejection cause he isn't sure if you'll say a yes or not (b) He's unsure if he can be good enough for you or you guys can be compatible - a good possibility :-)
    6. Like most people he too was least inhibited when drunk and while you rightly didn't allow him to kiss you when he was drunk, he's taken it as a form of rejection. I'd still recommend that you ignore his overtures when he's drunk and let him come to you when he can man up a bit more to say & do things when he's in his senses :-)

• Okay I think I can speak for all guys when I say this :) It takes courage to say go a girl that you like her and actually initiate something by calling her etc. Even the most cofident guys pussy out sometimes. It is simply a question of pride, we don't want to get rejected. He might be embarrassed about his little drunk incident and the fact that you backed away. He likes you alright but do you like him back? :)

• I do like him, but he seems to play games. Even when I agreed to go out with him he would blow me off so I rejected him. Like one time he told me to come hangout with him, and I text him back saying "Ok where are you?" He didn't respond for like 40 mins and then he says "Ugh I gotta get up for work tomorrow need my sleep :(" I was thinking "OK? Why even ask me then?" It made no sense. Thank you! :)

• Awww no! It wasn't a long story! :) Glad you can share your experience with me! :) I totally agree, and I am ignoring him as we speak, so I think it's a good idea I keep doing that lol. Thank you! :)

• You're welcome :)

• to be honest, something about big boobed blondes with light eyes. i just have a hard time taking them seriously... firstly, most guys fancy over the types and they sorta live in their own world and seemlingly doesn't come off like the girl whos faced hardships and rejections in life that made her grow up and become human=good lover

just doesn't seem theyve been conditioned for it. oh and blondes cheat more than others. lmao i saw this on some article.

• Wow! That is very sad and judgmental :( I have blonde highlights, I don't even have all over blonde hair, geez.

• Maybe he is afraid to loose the friendship he haves whit you. Probably the fear of you and him been more than friends is on his taughts 24/7.

• Haha, I don't know. He was pretty bold with me and he seems like he wants to be more than friends at times, but I don't know. It's a different response :) Thank you! :)

• You are welcome.

• He may just be trying to get into your pants. Be cautious.

• It sounds like he only wants sex and no relationship are commitment

• Yeah you are most likely right!

• Haha, yeah maybe! Good idea. Thank you! :)

• Your welcome:)

• Drunk words are usually the most honest and he used the booze as a means to relax him enough to drop his guard and tell you! Then you rejected him. Its going to take a lot for him to work up the nerve sober if you rejected him when he was drunk. If you rejected him and he still has feelings I' m guessing he really like you to tough through that.

• You are right about that, however, even when I agreed to go out with him he blew me off, and one time he said to me "You should come out and chill" and I said "Ok where are you?" He didn't respond for like 40 minutes then he said "Ugh I have to get up for work early, need my sleep :(" It's like ok? Then why did you even ask? Haha. It makes no sense to me. But you made some good points! Thank you! :)

• I like a girl, and I think she likes me. She told me today though that, she's a very independent girl. It turned me off. Also, she doesn't have her shit together... nor do I. If we're not capable of going out, meaning, we're not in good places to do so, why should we?

• I'm sorry to hear that! :(

• Yeah! :( Well did she go into detail why she can't be in a relationship with you? Is there a valid reason? I guess she just means a "talking" buddy, basically a girlfriend, and no sex? Or maybe does she want to be friends with benefits with you?

• Think she wanted to abuse the "just friends" part, of a relationship--no sex

What Girls Said 1