How shoud I feel when he plays WoW?

So this guy and I have been getting pretty serious. But then again so has his gaming. All he does is sit on his computer and play WoW. When I ask him to come over he says "But sweetie, WoW needs me." I'd continue to attempt at convincing him to come over, but nothing changes. He's starting to say stuff like "WoW is life!" And when we're talking he'll call me a "scrub" and say "get rektd" or "Ohhh shots fired!!" He wants me to start playing with him, but I don't want to start, be a noob and eventually turn into a gamer on the pc because I don't want to get addicted and neglect my responsibilities. I already play on xbox, and that addiction is bad enough. I really care about him but the struggle to make us official, and turn off the game is becoming a nuisance. Especially with the new expansion they had yesterday. He's 22, and I'm 19 with a child. (My son not his) We even fought about this a couple days ago when he said a relationship doesn't fit into his life, it only complicates it and distracts him. But when he thought I was going to walk away (which I wasn't because I care too much) he cried and couldn't help but feel guilty. He kept apologizing saying how it was all his fault, and how he's never has someone care like me so he doesn't know what to do. I ended up falling for him, but being friends is hard for us, and getting into a relationship is harder. I like having him in my life. But is it worth the stress. 3-4Months btw.

~WoW Drama

Most Helpful Guy

• I make games for a living, so my life is full of gamers. The problem is not that he plays WoW, I know lots of people that can balance MMO gaming with real life. Your BF, however, does not sound like he is properly balancing gaming and responsibility.

The fact that you have not been dating long, and he is already avoiding spending time with you to game, means that this relationship is not going to last. If he is not willing to spend time with you in the early stages of a relationship, he certainly won't later when the 'newness' has worn off.

This is not about him being a gamer, it is about him not giving you enough attention. It wouldn't matter if he was into sports, or always going out to bars with his friends, or anything. Gaming is just his personal vice, and it is how his lack of commitment to you is manifesting.

The fact that you have a son makes it even more important that you find someone capable of managing their time. This guy does not seem like he will be a long-term solution for you, just more of a developing problem.

What Guys Said 8

• you don't have time for WoW. don't even bother. and its gonna be hard for him to just stop, I bet he's built up his account a lot. so yeah you're just gonna have to let him come out of his WoW shell on his own. just focus on yourself and your kid.

• WoW what a lame! He's already told you that a relationship isn't part of his lifestyle. Why would you stick around to that? Is that the kind of image of a man you want to be around your child? I would like to think that you won't but hey if you care for him keep him around, if that's what you want.

• I'm a gamer as well but when my lady calls I answer, video games the stuff in them ain't real it's just entertainment. But your girlfriend or boyfriend are real and they are there and they won't be around forever they should almost always be your priority.

• You say this to him "I am not going to be in a relationship with someone who is involved with a video game to the point of neglecting our relationship. You deserve to have your down time, but I need you as well. Can we set a time-schedule or agree to compromise on your video game time?"

Then figure something out that's mutually agreeable. Either 2 hours a day, or On/Off every other day.

• I highly doubt he will he's been on it for a while, plus he says "WoW has always been there for me." I really do care for him.

• If he's that involved in the game, I honestly don't see him giving it up.

• Being a gamer myself I wouldn't want him to, but to find us tim but he says since I don't have the stuff he needs at my place it makes it harder for him to visit.

• This arrangement is doomed to fail... it's up to him to take time away from WoW and add more time to girls.

• Yeah, but I don't know about how to go about saying it without starting another fight. Possibly risk losing him.

• I'm a gamer too and he sounds addicted, also I use to play WoW and the game sucks now compared to what it once was. Quite frankly he doesn't deserve you

• You need to understand that he will not be a good father as he is. If you are alright with that then you do not need to force your lives together and to let him play his games however if you need and expect more from him then understand that he is not the man for you. No amount of communication is going to change that either and it is purely his actions and decisions which will dictate where it is this will go. Which is likely nowhere.

• His priorities are warped. He'd be much better off leveling up his RL skills.

• Yeah lol, he can't get to the boss lvl without upgrading his priorities

• Seriously though. Ask him if he still plans to be playing this game in a year. In three years. Five years. Ten years. He can't play it forever, and when he ultimately stops, what will he have to show for it?

He will have wasted years of his life developing mmo skills that won't be doing a damn thing for him.

• Wow, think you're up to something 🌚💡
      He says he plans on having a future with me. But if he has nothing to bring to the table because he's spending $30 a month on WoW and plays it day in and day out... then there won't be a relationship...

What Girls Said 0