"if he loves me he'll wait", isn't that double standard?

i know the question title doesn't explain much, but let me try. sometimes you hear a girl say "i want to hold off sex until marriage" sometimes even kissing. and explaining that if the guy really loves her he'll wait forever cause he understands her personality. but isn't that double standard. a guy has needs for sex and intimate relationship may be he loves but why should he wait while she compromises nothing?

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree but I have to say if you can't wait then don't get into a relationship with the girl. I never wanted to wait and it would be a deal breaker if a man asked me such thing.

What Girls Said 5

• She shouldn't have to compromise her beliefs and body just to give into his sexual needs, especially when he may or may not stay for the long haul. If he is really interested in being there for the long haul, then he will realize that eventually they will have sex, and he can respect her beliefs and wait with her. If not, then he is not the right guy for her and they should both move on. I would never tell a girl who believes in waiting that she better drop them drawers because it's not fair to not have sex with him because he's horny. fuck that. there are a million girls out there fucking, he can be with one of them if that's what is important to him.

• Douche... she's not there just for your sexual pleasure whether you NEED it or not... it's her body and she'll wait as long as she wants...

• No, thats her body and she is allowed to wait and if you are respectful.. not just love her, you wait. What makes you think she is compromising nothing? She probably wants to as well, but its refreshing to see a girl with some self control saying "im not going to give in"... if your needs are so high that you dont love and respect her enough to wait when she asks, you should be with someone else, your thinking of only of yourself.

• Sry but I am waiting until I get married> If she is holding onto her lipginity like the Virgin Mary maybe she is not the type for you. And unless your addicted to sex I think you can wait... okay

• Bc thats proving to her that something like sex that u want so bad doesn't compare tothe love u feel for her. Im waiting for marriage too. She most likely doesn't want to be just another girl to u she wants to be the one. Plus their are other factors that weigh in such as pregnancy and stds.

What Guys Said 1

• This isn't a double standard. You don't quite understand what a double standard is. A double standard would be "It's fair if a woman asks you to wait until marriage but if a man does then something is wrong with him". What you are talking about is simply ideological differences and there is absolutely nothing wrong with a person wanting to wait to have sex for any reason regardless of that reason or their sex.

• English isn't my first language.
      there is nothing wrong with that i know. and that wanst my question.
      thanks for the reply