How to get the guy you've been dating to chase you again?

This guy that I've been seeing on and off for 8 months all of a sudden has stopped putting in effort. 5 months ago he really screwed me over and he had to work hard to get me back, and last week he said he always does this, he falls for somebody but then pushes them away. He said he still really wants to try but hasn't been putting in nearly as much effort. How do I make him put more effort in again? Do I just freeze-out and wait for him to do something drastic, or walk away completely?

Thanks!!!

Most Helpful Guy

• i get what you're talking about, you just want him to show his attraction towards you, right? for example: cute ish, hints of appreciation, and even reminders of how beautiful you are, sounds about right? if this is correct, there's a few things you have to consider; are there some important factors that come into play (money, family, anything thatll be a priority) are you a "dead fish" when it comes to the relationship? let me break this down for you; have you lost some skills when it comes to your game? lets me deconstruct this some more, have you gotten comfortable and stop dressing up, maintaining yourself, stop flirting, or even stop being supportive? here's another question, have you add more to you entitled list? im not point fingers at anyone but the bottom line is, if a man wants a woman to want him, he improves himself and while doing that the woman will want to want him and vise versa but this is just how i was raised to be like. best of luck

What Guys Said 2

• I don't know why women always do this. chase after him quit expecting the man to do all the work. and if he's messed up that many times forget about him. I honestly don't know why so many people have troubles with this. if somebody is a douche bag don't hang out with them. if a dude keeps on and off dating you and it's always his fault don't date the dude again obviously. simple. I wish you luck on whatever happens. good luck

• Yes just assume he does not think he putting enough effort in and walk away! Might trying telling him what you expect, if you have not already.

What Girls Said 1

• I found that strict no contact works... whether you wanted it to or not. Just stop putting in effort yourself, no text, no jumping to answer his texts, be busy when he wants to see you. I did this in an actual attempt to remove myself from a situation and the guy came running back, texted me in fact three more times after I posted my question about it this AM. Careful what you wish for, though, as this guy is trying to suck me back in. For various reasons, this must be a powerful weapon in our arsenal.

• This only works with some guys, it's actually a jerk move to do this.

• Really? SHe should keep chasing him and chasing him when he isn't giving her any encouragement? All due love to you, @StickStickity13 but I think she needs to go No Contact. Either he comes bck or he won't, either way her own pride and dignity remain intact.

• In principle I agree with you. I don't agree with the practice. I would tell him in a straight up manner to give me equal attention I gave you.