LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT. Is it possible? If yes, can it be one sided?

A guy who i have known for a little more than a week ( and have a big crush on ) just told me that he loves me and had loved me from the first time he saw me. we have been chatting continuously this whole time and met up around 4 times. I know its way too soon and i don't know how to take it. I just told him that i need to get to know him better. but my question is , is it possible to love at first sight? the internet is filled with studies and stories. But most of them are about mutual love at first sight. what about when only one person experiences it? is that possible?

Most Helpful Guy

• My parents were love at first sight and they have been happily married for over 20 years. So yes it is completely possible.

• thats wonderful :) but what is it mutual for them? did they both fall in love at first sight? or was it slower for one of them?

• My parents too.

What Guys Said 3

• i don't believe in love at first sight basically... LOL

• No, it's not possible. Infatuation at first sight. Physical attraction at first sight. Those are real.

• That is what i have always thought about too , but I am just trying to... I don't know understand I guess

• 20 .

• Still young. Guys that age will say the sweetest things but don't realize the weight behind it. No wonder you're confused, it's just not natural to feel that way. So it's alright, you've already done well in telling him to slow things down.

• It's always one sided with me :(

What Girls Said 3

• i believe in lust at first sight (guys lust at first sight very quickly) -and it's happened to me more than once too. But love? If you define love as I do, as being best friends with a guy mixed with the emptiness one feels when he is not around, and the desire to share everything with him when he is, and OMG sex too! and being vulnerable and comfortable at the same time and then thinking this could go on forever and ever and you like that thought enough to dream lovely dreams about it at night, then no, I do not believe in love at first sight. Because love like that doesn't happen with one (or even a week) of glances. But you already know that, so slow down and see how you and this guy feel in a year or two.

• Its quite possible if that person had been waiting for his/her soul mate. It all depends on how much thought has gone into it. So, if a mature guy is saying it, I'll believe him.

• Lust at first sight is possible but love , is a no for me