Would you go out with a vegetarian guy?

Girls if you found out a guy was vegetarian for ethical reasons on your first date would it influence your opinion of him?

0|0
24|3

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't see why not. I'm cutting back on meat, if the guy's a vegetarian it would be easier to do so. As long as he isn't complaining about me eating meat when I do we'd be fine. :) Caring for the environment and animals is nothing but attractive!

1|0
    0|0
    • Thanks for MHO! :))

• No problem, I will make sure to be comfortable with being vegetarian without suggesting that I am uncomfortable with others eating meat, which is actually true.

• That's a good idea, it's the only reason I can think of that might "scare" people off. Hope it works out for you! :)

What Girls Said 23

• All long as he understands that of he insists on paying he's going to be buying me a steak.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd probably date him if I really liked him

... as long as he was alright with me eating meat.

Although I can see a lot of problems arising in our relationship because I love meat and I eat a lot.. I don't think there is a meal I eat that doesn't involve some form of meat.

0|0
    0|0
  • LOL for me not even, i would actually respect that. i had a huge crush on a guy who was vegan, and it was funny 'cause we'd all be like "oh i'm starvin, i want a nice juicy burger" and he would go "i know, i'm starving too. i could just devour 6 mangoes right now!"

i don't eat red meat (no beef, pork or lamb) just because i odn't like the taste, so a vegetarian guy would be right up my alley.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd go out with him as long as he doesn't whine about the fact that I eat meat.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes since I'm also a vegetarian haha but even if I wasn't I don't think I'd have any problem with it. I know many couples where one is vegetarian and the other eats meat and it works well for them :)

0|1
    0|0
  • I probably wouldn't to be honest.

0|1
    0|0
  • yes, it increases my respect.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, I probably would not. I like my men manly and being a vegan isn't manly - sorry guys.
    I only buy meat that have had a good life though, so it isn't because he shouldn't give a fuck about that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a vegetarian, so I would love to. Yay for vegetarians!

1|0
    0|0
    • But most girls aren't how would they feel do you think?

• I don't think most girls would mind, it's not a turn off unless you try to change them into one

• Not in the least. As long as he didn't try to convert me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm fine with it as long as he doesn't whine about me eating meat.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes i would love to do that I'm very adventurous and i like to try out new things i been learning about being vegetarian and i would definitely go :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes but dont force your beliefs off on me

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would because I have vegetarian meals often too

0|0
    0|0
  • I would if he lets me eat my steak without commenting on how cruel I am/the meat industry is.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure, as I'm one. Even if i wasn't I don't see why not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course, that wouldn't be a problem at all

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as I am on his diet. we would be good.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why not, nothing wrong with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Idc as long as he don't try to stop me from eating meat we good

0|0
    0|0
  • I would date him. I like people who care about animal rights and the environment.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I think it's actually quite good, somebody with the self-discipline, I tried it once I stayed as one for about two months aha I know I stuck it out for long aha no but anyway I wouldn't want to give it up myself but I'm glad I did it as I eat a lot more meat fre things I hadn't tried before such as halloumi and falafel wraps they are omfg to die for, it's lettuce tomato carrot (grated) hot halloumi and falafel and then sweet chilli sauce as what I have and that is honestly so good... Ahah I just had to put that out there but it wouldn't affect it.

0|0
    0|0
    • *free

• (Vegetarianism wouldn't affect it being my choice in dating or not)

• I don't see why not but im into hunting so that may be an issue...

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• Animals is meant to be in ma stomach ever since the start of ma evolution lel

0|0
    0|0
  • they will if you have meat between your legs...

0|0
    0|0
  • im Think im going out with a vegeterian girl... why not?`

0|0
    0|0
    • But society views it more acceptable to be a vegetarian woman than man, because of this whole perception that eating meat is somehow more manly.

• Show All
    • @Asker What are your ethical reasons? Do you not have a problem with the dairy industry?

• I do have a problem with the dairy industry, so I buy organic milk. I understand this doesn't solve the problem but it's better than nothing.