Being left out of the family picture?

My fiances family asked me to step out if their family photo. We were hanging out at his parent's house for his dad's birthday and they were taking a family picture and they didn't include me. I would think that after being engaged they would have included me I am very close to his family so this really hurt me.

I guess I'm asking if I have a right to be offended. Technically I'm not family yet but I know lots of people who aren't married and after a while they get included in family. photos. I just thought after 7 years and being super close to them I was considered family.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes , you have a right to be offended. That was such a bitchy thing for there family to do. You're engaged which basically means you're apart of the family.

What Guys Said 3

• If you engaged... I would take offence. In context, I still get photos where the mom wants me in some and not in others (eg, she just wants her and her daughter photo) but if I got left out completly I would be pissed. Steal him away from his parents;)

• You're not family... yet.

• I'm not really sure if there's a question here, or if you're just complaining? And what I'm supposed to say to this...

What Girls Said 2

• hope they don't know something you don't know.

• I would be pissed. Sounds like you should talk to whoever left you out of the picture and see why.