Who do you put first?

Who do you prioritize first your significant other or your family? Usually I put my significant other first. We have been together almost 4 years now and we are at the point in our lives we were are looking to settle down together so I usually put him first. That's not to say that my family isn't extremely important to me because they are but as I gotten older and my relationship got more serious my main focus tends to shift.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're going to marry this person and you see a future with them, they should be above (or at the same level) as your family. I come from a close family and I've been dating my girlfriend for about 4 years. We've talked extensively about marriage and we've talked to our parents about it. I think if you question where they should be in your life in relation to the importance of your family, you may have not made that really important connection with them yet. At a certain point your significant other becomes a part of the family.

What Guys Said 5

• I think it's only natural at a certain point to put your significant other first like that. When I'm married my wife and our marriage would come first, but there would still be room left over for amazing family relationships as well as great friends.

• all at the same i tell ya

• Based on my experiences; Family First.
    but Im a Man, Nothing that i can't solve.

• But after a certain time doesn't your partner become family?

• Yup, as i said, there's nothing that i cannot solve. I will find a way.

• The Lord, my God, in Jesus Christ is first in my life.

• Neither. They hold the same weight. Matters are based on urgency not relation.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't put anyone "first" per say. I make time for all the people I find important. There has never been a need for me to go and say "hey, I'm going to put this person first now". Everything just seems to sort itself out really.

• 1st - Parents
    2nd - S. O would go here but I would put him in the 3rd spot in certain situations
    3rd- Brother, sisters, nieces, nephew, best friend.

• So you put your best friend last? Why?

• She's in the same position as my siblings. They're all looped together. I don't put them above each other.

• My religion. My family. Him

• I'm confused why would you always put your family first if you are looking to start a family with your partner. Also after a while don't you view your partner as family?

• I can find another partner but not another set of parents. He's going to be my soulmate so he will mean a lot to me but no1 can replace my parents. He'll have a place in my heart but different to what I feel about my parents

• Significant other :)