Would you date a man 15 years older than you?

A man got interested in you and he is much older. Would you date him?

• I am open for it
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I would. Him being 35 it is not as old as it seems. And actually I'm very mature for my age, I think I would get along better with someone more mature.

What Girls Said 27

• That would be 38. If I was single... Sure, why not. My significant other right now is 11 years older so 15 isn't that big of a jump.

• Thank you.

• I'm 29, will turn 30 in a month. She just turned 19 three weeks ago. People often think I'm in the low 20's though ironcally she had been gyeaaing I'm older than 30 because of what I know.

• She had been thinking*. I have two bachelor's and supposedly know quite a bit about many things.

• yes, i would.

• I wouldn't, I could keep it casual but I would be too worried about this age difference. I kind of dated a man ten years older than me and it was always on my mind. my boyfriend and I are the same age and we're also at the same stage on our lives.

• no its too big of a gap

• Old enough to biologically be my dad? hmmmmm...

media.giphy.com/media/F2bpfDrX5flJe/giphy.gif

• 15 years would make him only 34. No. I date older than that usually. Lol

• I don't know, 15 years is a really big difference... but i am young, so it may be a chance I'll be interested. But it really depends on the circumstances.

• what circumstances?

• The circumstances I meet him. For me, right now, the age is not an issue. I don't think there are girls out there who fall in love with the age itself, but with the personality. If that man captures my attention and makes me fall for him, why should age be a problem?

• OK.. this is informative.

• nope. no more than 3 but i prefer no more than a year.

• lol i want to know if the person who down voted me would date a woman 15 years older., and or would have when they were 20. like seriously dated. not just fucked.

• If he looks young, and if I really like him.

• 15 years old them me? it's mean he is 41 it's to much for me thought :/ we won't get a long :/

• Hellllll no

• Nope not me 4-5 years is max for me.

• No. No no no no no. Just no. I'd be hard pressed to date a guy 3 years older than me, let alone 15.

• Unless it's one of my male celebrities crushes, I'm not sure I would... I mean I tried to date a guy 6 years older and still was and impediment (among other things) , but maybe because I was 16. In the long run, maybe it doesn't matter as much. I see attractive men on the street who are clearly at least 10 older than me and who look very nice (more manly instead of boyish with those shitty pants they wear and you can see their ass like many guys wear here) , but I don't think I could date someone that older. :)

• nope, max would probs be like 3 years older tbh ahah

• Believe it or not i always prefer older guys.

• If I was interested in him too I don't see any problem with it

• I dated quite a few middle aged men when i was in my early twenties.

• If liked him yes.

• Honestly, I don't think i'd care much if i was interested too.

• So a 36 year old. Depends on if I'm seriously interested.

• So there are other factors that make you seriously interested or not. What are they?

• His age wouldn't be an issue. It's the other things I personally look for in a guy.

• no. I can only think of 1 actor that old I've even found attractive. old men have no energy. I want kids with someone who can actually keep up with them and me. friends though would be ok. older guys have a lot of interesting stories to tell.

• Well if you're going for the Justin Bieber Selena Gomez kind of relationship...

• 4-6 is it for me

• No really only exception if he's totally hot and he's not married

• No. Lack of attraction and less in common compared to guys closer to my own age.

• My dad is 13 years older than my mom.

What Guys Said 4

• I know the question was posed to women but I believe I can offer some insight. I'm 26 and I have dated women who were 10 years younger than me and I have dated a woman who was 6 years older than me.

Some women care about age some do not. Its been my experience that women who are more self confident and intelligent are more open to dating outside their age group because they are less worried about what their peer group will think of them and they base their relationship choices more on the personality, looks, and connection they have with their possible partner than age alone.

People severely limit their dating options by using age as an automatic disqualifier

• Your observation about women is quite correct. Thanks for your input

• false. i dont care what other people think about the age. i dont want to be with a guy older than mew bc im young and i want to be with someone young. similar phase of life bodies developing aging around the same timer. similar energy levels. nothing t9o do with peer opinion. id date a younger guy. just not older.

• i'd have sex with a 38 yo girl, but not with a 38 yo guy

• You'd have a chance, if you were 44 and she was 29.
    (44/2) + 7 = 29.

• No. I wouldn't date a man 15 years older than me.