Can casual dating be exclusive?

And if so, what is the difference of a relationship, and casually dating someone exclusively? Just curious, I've seen a lot of topics on this lately.

Most Helpful Girl

• It can be. You are the one with the guy to make the rule, if you both agree on that point, then it can be exclusive.

• That's what I think too.

What Guys Said 2

• Yup, means you're dating one person at a time but it's nothing super serious.

• By definition the answer to this is "no". Exclusivity is the declaration that you will only date one person however you can only date one person casually but that doesn't shift it to exclusivity.

• I always thought casually dating was either dating around or dating one person without labelling it. But good point.

What Girls Said 2

• I tend to think that once you're exclusive, you're past casual dating; at least if it's an agreement to be exclusive anyway.

• So if there is an agreement to be exclusive, they are basically boyfriend girlfriend without the title? Is casual dating considered multiple interests at a time?

• I tend to think that, if they want to ask that of you, then there should be something in return. Or they just want to have their cake and eat it too.

• Relationship -- Official boyfriend/girlfriend

Exclusive -- Only date one person at the time. Either can be bf/gf or not.

Casual -- Can date a lot of people at the same time.

• Great way of breaking it down! I thought casual may mean not putting a boyfriend girlfriend title on it. But now I see more people think of it as dating multiple partners.