Can I date a 18-20 year old if I'm 17?

I will be 17 Monday... The guys and girls around town are just really immature... I want a serious relationship... But I don't want to get anyone in to trouble... Is it wrong to want a serious relationship? Is it ok if I date a guy or girl that is 18-20?

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't need a serious relationship at 17

• I know I dont need one... but I want one not to sound immature or anything its just... My family treats me horribly and my friends are starting their lives... I just want someone to be here for me when everyone els leaves... Is that bad?

• I guess if you see it that way... Thank You anyways I'm not going to change my mind but I may be clingy but I am not possessive... I guess you wouldn't understand unless you have seen my past relationships... But Thank You

• Is there any real point in answering any question on this site, if we don't know the QA

What Guys Said 6

• I'd say its fine screw what people think its non of their business. People around this town like to gossip and judge you but so what just do what you feel is right. I don't give a single fuck i'd walk to the store in my boxers if I knew I wouldn't get arrested. Like people get so caught up in what people think. Do what you want in life if people don't understand or can't get behind the idea of it then let them go.

• of course and not only a 18-20... but you can date even a 60 yo, since you're legal age LOL

• Can I microwave a hot potato?

Of course, just proceed slowly.

• Is it okay for you? Yes. Will there be immediate reactions? Yes. Should you care what others think? No.

• Your right I shouldn't but I'm more worried about the other person

• depends what state/ country you're in.

• yes you can

seriously

What Girls Said 4

• It's fine. The age gap isn't that big. And no, there's nothing wrong about wanting something serious. If that's what makes you happy, its fine, even if it's different from what your friends are doing.

• the average 18-20 year old guy won't wanna get serious either. I don't know about girls

• It's totally fine!

• heck yeah! I'm your age (i'll be 17 on the 28th) and I'm dating 18-22 year olds... just make sure they don't pressure you into doing things you aren't comfortable with. keep up your self-respect.