What does "I am not the relationship type" really mean?

I like this guy and he says he likes me. I asked if he ever saw us dating in the future and he said "I am not the relationship type" what does that mean is he just playing me?

He came to surprise me early Sunday morning with a visit. He said he just really missed me and wanted to see me... we ended up kissing.. a little bit of other stuff.. but I did not let him get far. So now he hasn't text me my friend said its because I sent mixed signals and confused him... thing is I am confused too because it seems like he wants a relationship but doesn't... I dont know... but it was great to see him.

Most Helpful Guy

• "When a person shows you who they really are, you should believe them."

It means he's not trying to date you and any hope you have of that happening is misguided. If you try to get involved with him, he won't approach it with the same degree of commitment or seriousness, so it will be rigged for failure and heartache.

• We talked the other night and I asked why he said that he said he has been hurt to many times in the past and I said well you could give me a chance and he said yeah I could but what if the same thing happens again... BUT i guess you make a good point...

• Truth is we been like this for awhile but I moved and things changed... he wanted to date like in the summer BUT I had gotten back with my EX and after that... he didn't talk to me... I think I screwed things up... I didn't know though... I am sorry I keep adding detail its all so complicated...

• You can't control any of that. All you can control is moving forward. You're moving forward with a guy that told you he's not really emotionally available. That's really the focus of this. You're an adult and this is your choice obviously, and it is definitely a choice to be made. There's no right or wrong answer here. You take a risk either way. All I'm saying is the risk of getting involved is very real emotionally speaking. I've seen it happen plenty of times where the person who was emotionally unavailable when they first started seeing each other was just as emotionally unavailable when the person falls for them, and they end up at this divide that ends badly. Just trying to give you the best information I can given that reality.

What Guys Said 2

• he doesn't want resposibilities... i know i am rite cz i am the same type of guy till the next 2 years

• He did want to date in the summer but I didn't know and had already gotten back with my ex when he asked me... so I think I fucked things up... but yeah..

• i guess u r lost in your own world... lol

• He's saying he'll get with you, but he's ruling out commitment. He just wants some no-strings-attached nut busting!

What Girls Said 4

• He isn't the committed type
    he may like you but he is not willing to settle down into a relationship now

• he's playing you

• He is either not ready to settle down or maybe he's not interested in you that way. It sounds like, he just wants a casual relationship and not to settle down.

• Well he said maybe in the future but for now he said lets just casually see each other and see how it goes. Which I am fine with I'm not ready for anything serious either that's why i said in the future MAYBE I should explain that to him...

• he is a hella hot lol hopefully in the future we can both be ready but thanks! ^.^

• ahahaha! gurl I hear ya! hopefully things work out for you guys :)

• Most likely you aren't the only person he's talking to. Thus, he's playing you.