Should I dump my boyfriend or not?

Ok I have a lot of feelings for my boyfriend but it seems like the world wants us apart.

For starters my parents are incredibly particular about the guys I date. They want an educated guy who is going to become a doctor or lawyer or business man or something.

My boyfriends an English major and he's lazy in that department.

He smokes a lot of weed and drinks often too.

I don't know what should i do?

i dumped him

Most Helpful Guy

• My Dad tells of how my moms father could not stand my dad. They are now heading into their 50th anniversary. All that matters is how much you need your boyfriend in your life. Love will always keep you strong. As for his habits, they will likely never change. That is who he is! I don't smoke or drink myself and would not pick up the habit. The choice is completely up to you! Dose he make you feel special and alive? Listen to the voice of happiness inside of you! See if you are in love or just content. Then do what you think is best.

What Guys Said 6

• Tricky, firstly i wouldn't let you're parents decide who is right for you, yeah take there points on board but take yours on board too. speak to him tell him how you feel if you get no change then i guess you should if the weed and drink bother you. goodluck :)

• Well overall it comes down to deciding what you want.

But is that really what you want?

• well if you really love him... make a decision that you won't regret at the end

if he's that useless make him get his shit together if he loves you
    so that he's worth breaking the rule for...

• Were you brain dead when you accepted his approach for relationship?

• Id dump the ganja smoker he doesn't care aboit himself so what will he be like with you.

• Well, you could try for something in the middle. You don't have to be dating some rich dude but, you probably deserve better than what you have now...

• Yeah I don't want to date some rich dude to be honest but a good education would be nice.. Like I am studying to be a nurse at the moment and would like a guy who is doing something similar at least and his lack of ambitions turns me off sometimes

• GAG is just an outlet, to get emotions out

• Noone really answers peoples questions on here, honestly

What Girls Said 3

• Wow. Sounds like you got a real catch there. A lazy student with no real future. English major? Really? Unless he plans on going on to law school... not much you can do with that.

The way you pitch him it sounds like he has no ambition, no goals, and no intention of ever doing well in life.

You don't mention anything about how he treats you or what kind of boyfriend he is. But to me it sounds like he's going nowhere fast and as an ambitious person myself, I'd cut him loose. But it depends on what you want in life. If you want to be with him then fuck society and do it.

• You're right maybe I am just getting blinded.

• your parents want the best for you. they don't wanna see you like June Shannon with all these worthless baby daddies who can't support you or the future children. is there any truth to what they are saying? does your bf show signs of being a slacker? is he an underachiever who lacks ambition? what is he trying to do with his English major? what are his goals and why is he in college? if theyre just being classist then don't listen to them but if this guy is headed nowhere fast then maybe you should find a better bf

• If you aren't ok with any of those things then dump him. If you like him the way he is then screw what your parents want, you're the one dating the guy.