He talks about himself all the time and puts himself down?

My boyfriend always seems to talk about himself, he tells me these crazy stories every now and then and then normal stories, but I feel as if they aren't even true. I believe he's the type of person that makes things up in order to impress. He also puts himself down all the time, and I never know what to say. The fact that he talks about himself more than anything is what annoys me and I don't know how to confront or go about it.

Most Helpful Guy

• If these are things that are bothering you he shouldn't be your BF. You should tell him it bothers you the way he reacts will tell you a lot. Also if he's a compulsive liar you def don't want to be involved because all He'll eventually do is lie.

• When you say, the way he will react will tell me a lot, what way for example?

• Defensive, apprehensive, or passive aggressive. if he seems to react like he'll change then goes right back to the same habits again.

What Guys Said 1

• He has very bad confidence

What Girls Said 1

• I think he does that because he wants to hear that he's not those things. He probably wants some recognition but isn't doing it right.