Advise on building a relationship with a shy guy?

Hi, I've liked this guy since I came to my new school in spring, and were really good friends, and I recently asked him out and now he's avoiding me. He will still talk but every time I mention something even closely related to 'the subject' he will run away ( FYI we are in middle school) and ignores me for the rest of the day. I only get to talk to him for about 20 minutes. He is extremely shy. My best friend says I'm rushing it, but it's been almost 4 days he hasn't answered about us being in the 'in a relationship' status.

Most Helpful Guy

• I guess he just isn't ready and doesn't like the idea of a relationship. He's ineresting though, running away from a relationship. I have no idea why he's do that. Well yeah you haven i take it slow, real slow, if you're willing to. Small things. Touches. I wonder what would happen if you snuck a cheek kiss in there.

What Guys Said 2

• I use this website (linked below) as reference a lot on GaG and it seems to help answer questions like these.

http://www.succeedsocially.com/shyguys

• You know what you want as a woman and I like that but 4 days is pretty fast. If you really want this answer immediately you'll have to corner him and force an answer out of him.

What Girls Said 0