Why do girls date taller men?

Iv heard its because they feel more secure... Yet a short buff guy like me (5'4) can be equal, or prob even more protective than a tall guy? Why? i have lots of friends that are taller than me, yet when we lift weights , i lift way more than them, Soo... Why is it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I find it important for a guy to be taller than me... I just find it awkward to have to somewhat look down at him. And also another concern (that i've heard from pretty much all of my girlfriends too) is that when we wear heels, we don't want to be giraffes beside a guy that's already shorter than us! The solution is to find someone that matches your height. Normally couples are of similar attractiveness and i'm guessing that the same goes with height.
    Some girls might not care though. So if you're into taller girls, it's not a loss cause.. but yeah.

What Girls Said 4

• My guy has been shorter than me for as long as I can remember. He just now hit a growth spurt and is baaarely taller than me.
    Anyway, it shouldn't matter how tall a man is. Like I always said to my guy, you could be 10 feet tall or 10 inches tall and it wouldn't make a difference in how I feel.

• It's not all girls. If a girl doesn't want to date you just because of your height then she isn't worth it. There are plenty of girls who won't care about a guy's height as long as they treat her well etc.

• i go for tall guys cause im tall and i don't like being taller than my guy

• Buff or fat?

What Guys Said 1

• That's life get use to it I'm 172cm the 175cm or 180cm gets the girl we do not