Went on a date with a new guy, but can't stop thinking of the last... is that a sign I am not ready to move on?

I went on a date last night with a guy. I immediately started comparing him to the last guy I dated. I was so much happier. This guy from last night didn't seem to get me... I felt no chemistry. He didn't laugh at my jokes, I had to try really hard for him to get me... I don't know. He kissed me at the end of the night and I was so caught off guard!

The last guy I was dating was fun, sweet, interesting. I started hearing from him less and less though. He said he still wanted to meet up though. One day I wrote him and he told me he'd found someone else! I was pretty devastated. I didn't even know he was dating other people.

I'm still upset about it. Some days I forget and some days I don't. I am trying to move on and go on other dates, but nothing seems to be as good/great as what I had with this one guy. What should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, that's not a sign that you're not ready to move on. It's a sign that you weren't really into the new guy. Once you meet a guy that makes you forget all about the last one, then you'll know you really like him :)

• Yeah, I was REALLY into this last guy... that's probably why. We haven't seen each other for a month, but he finally fessed up about moving on to me only a week ago... so it really hasn't been long.

What Guys Said 2

• that's pretty normal you're definitely over your ex you just want the new guy to be as good as the old one. plus you are making sure this new guy is boyfriend material by comparing him to your ex

• Yeah. So far he doesn't seem like my type... he talks about himself a lot... like there's no room for me to speak it seems! He didn't laugh at my jokes the right way. It seemed like we'd quickly run out of things to talk about.

• This is normal. You are fine. The sooner you start the process and the more you date the quicker it ends.

• ah, so comparing him is a good thing... and tells me that I am not really into this guy?

• hahaha thank you. Thanks for attempting to help me figure this one out.

• Mhm.

What Girls Said 1

• Hi,
    I know what you are going through. I broke up few months back from a long relationship.
    How long has it been away from your previous boyfriend. If the breakup was recent, then you have to give yourself some alone time. And also, it depends on the reason for breakup; was it rough or mutual. I'm sure you will go through this phase.

• It was super recent. We weren't serious so I didn't think moving on would be hard, but it really has been. I really want him back... I'm debating on whether or not it's even worth trying :/