Is it wrong to date more than one person at a time?

When you're dating... do you date more than one person at a time? How many is too many?

• It's okay to date multiple people at at a time
  • It's not okay to date more than one person at a time
  • Other... more detail is needed...

Most Helpful Girl

• As long as both parties are okay with it and aware of it then it's not wrong. But you can't get super serious with everyone you're dating. Have to cut some of them loose eventually.

I could never do that personally. And I would not be okay with a guy I was with seeing other girls. It's not how I'm wired.

• Yeah, I think it is something that should be mentioned or discussed w/ the others. Just doing it behind their back seems wrong.

What Guys Said 14

• Of course. Going steady with multiple cats isn't OK. But you almost have to date like that. It's all a process of elimination, after all, right? It'll take forever if you wait til you realize you don't want to see a cat again, before you start to go out with someone else.

it's not even close to 'wrong.' Only if you're lying about it, and say you're going steady with one or both of them. Cause once you agree to go steady - you're exclusive by default, so then it is cheating. And cheating ain't cool.

But if you don't commit to anyone, you're in the clear. Totally fine.

• It is as long as you are clear about you doing so with all you are dating and giving them the option to do the same

• Yeah. I dated someone who didn't make it clear to me he was seeing other people... and we got pretty close and pretty physical... and then one day he just stopped texting me... week later he told me he'd found someone else.

• Dating more than 1 person at a time is wrong. So yes it is wrong.

• I said it's not okay but that's because Iguess I thought dating was something different. I guess if dating is just like meeting new people and hooking up then yeah nothing wrong with it but im. sure some people will. get hurt. I just can't imagine actually have feelings for anyone if you are dating multiple people at once. Like how can you kiss one girl then kiss another and have feelings for either it just don't make sense that way but if just for fun then yah I get it

• You are a good person who cares about other peoples felings beau now or days people just care about them selves.

• Kissing mult people in one week sounds... odd

• Dating multiple people is fine because you're not in a relationship with any of them. Dating is basically just finding out if you two are compatible or not. Many people actually dont get past the first date. there really isn't any emotional connections. But once there is thats when a relationship starts and thats when you should focus on that one person.

• Yeah, I just find it hard to balance!

• I think it's fine as long as your being open and honest and not hiding the fact that you're not exclusive and don't expect that they be exclusive either. Like any relationship casual relationships work best if you communicate about what your expectations are.

• It's okay if no one is really serious about anyone.

• Yes but that never stopped me before

• Technically, its fine as long as all parties are aware :3
    personally, i never liked the idea of dating more than one peep, as my memory is so bad id more than likely get stories mixed up lol

• if you are loyal to one, say loyal to one!

• I kind of like that idea. Not sure how to date mult people as much as I try ha

• I mean at once

• well pick one you like the most and stay with em

• It's ok if all of the sides are aware of it and fine with it.

• agreed, but what if not everyone knows and they're given the chance to offer it up? I told the guy I was dating that I wasn't seeing mult people... and that I really liked him. He didn't tell me and he ended up picking another girl over me.

• As long as every one that is involved knows that you are. It's only fair.

• What if it's not disclosed?

• 2 at a time just in case you fall out with 1, you still have a rebound ;)

• It is not wrong.

What Girls Said 12

• If you're just involved in the dating scene, I see nothing wrong with it. But if people start to really act as though they are becoming serious, you need to tell them that you aren't looking to be exclusive yet.

• I would never date multiple people at one time.

I would never date someone who dates multiple people at one time.

• If the talk of exclusivity hasn't been discussed then yes it's ok to date more than one person at a time

• Nothing wrong with it at all until you want to be in an exclusive relationship with one of them.

• I don't see anything wrong with it as long as all parts are okay with it. I personally wouldn't date more than one person at a time though :)

• Yeah, I suck at it, but I'm trying to? haha

• It's okay if it's just dating.

• It's only wrong if not everyone involved knows you are.

• yes, but i've long lost hope in humanity. It seems the majority don't want serious relationships anymore. And really how can you build anything real with a person if you're both unwilling to commit fully?

• Relationships with two people at once is very wrong. Casual dating of several people and picking one isn't my style personally but it isn't wrong as long as you don't lie to the people you're seeing.

I was seeing a guy who claimed to just want me but he was talking to and seeing other girls at the same time. He made me feel like an idiot, because he lied.

I like to invest in one person, date them, and if I don't like them break it off. But I have a conservative dating style.

Basic view: if you're honest and aren't in relationships with several people and everyone is on the same page, go ahead.

• Im kinda like prettygurl- because of my style I want a guy who dates one girl at a time also. That's just me

• Everyone is different. Dating several people would never work for me though

• I think I suck at it lol

• Dating isn't commitment. When he's committed to you and you're both settled, then it's not ok anymore. Dating is just getting to know people to choose who you like, so date as many as you want.

• Yeah, that I agree with too. I thin it gets messy when one person likes the other a lot more and the other person dates mult people and doesn't share that...

• It's not wrong, but I tried it once, and I'm not doing it again. It doesn't feel special with anyone then, and it gets confusing. I don't feel free to like them fully and invest. I don't feel right kissing any of them. It's in the back of my mind that I have another date with this other guy in a few days. It just holds me back, and I don't like it. So, I stick to dating one man at a time.

• Yeah, I agree. That's how I feel now. I'm trying to date mult people, but it's really hard.

• As long as you're okay with someone doing that to you

• I almost prefer them not to be..

• very true. I guess I've never had this happen til now

• This is the best answer