I don't know how to be around guys anymore? I think I write them all off before they get a chance to be a good guy, do you think they can tell?

I'm 22 and I don't know how to be around men, I think I write them all off before giving them a chance. I know they aren't all bad but I have serious trust issues.

I just don't know how to be around men. I would love to fall in love with someone who is like a best friend, I want that kind of relationship.

I basically have been hurt badly in the past. I've never had a real proper boyfriend. I'm the girl who seems mega confident , the joker at the party but inside I'm not. From the outside I appear that I love my single life and that I love being the party girl, the social butterfly. I'm actually hurt easily but I put on a front, I don't get too close to someone when I am with a guy I keep a distance, I'd never text a guy after meeting in a club or anything like that as I feel it sends out the message of desperation but is that wise? What if I lose out on a great guy for the fear of coming off desperate. I just recently met a guy I liked in a nightclub, I really liked him but I did nothing about it. We kissed. I stayed over but we just talked for ages and slept beside each other. (nothing happened) I would of liked to get his number. He didn't ask so I pretended to not care. I left in the morning before he woke, (well i did try to wake him a few times but he just kept going back to sleep so i got the impression he didn't really care about me so left without saying goodbye)

I just don't know how to be around guys anymore. Would you think it was desperate if a girl asked for your number or made a move first? I just feel like no guy wants a relationship with me. I feel like guys just look at me like a good night one time only. They never want me for more that just a night and its made me cynical. (I rarely do one night stands but when they just ask me to come home with them instead of getting my number ) I'm quite sarcastic and always make jokes to hide how I actually feel. I have no problem finding a guy for a night it's long term and it really gets me down.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am the same way honestly. After a bad breakup I wasn't in any relationships for 3 years out of guilt. It took prison to get me to realize that life is too short not to have fun. I recommend talking to every single guy and just taking it slow. Build a friendship with them first and when you are comfortable you can start turning up the heat. That's basically what I'm doing right now. I'd rather date a girl I actually like then just date a hot girl that all I want is her pussy.

What Guys Said 3

• Yeah we know when a giek is genuinely trying to send us off ir not so we move on.

• well when you say first move, it seems like you mean sendime him a text lol. so no, that doesn't seem desperate at all! you would only look desperate if you started talking about some weird stuff! but just starting a conversation, or sugesting a next meet up or so, does definetly not look desperate to me!

• Well, that sucks.

What Girls Said 0