How to not want to cry when a girl calls you ugly on online dating?

how to not want to cry when a girl calls you ugly on online dating?

Most Helpful Guy

• So... they just write to you and say you're ugly? or they tell you that that's a reason for not dating you? If they do that... that's low. What, are they 6 years old? Usually girls on dating sites just ignored me.

Wow. you got me there. I had no idea. You cut me deep. So deep. ::yawn::

I don't know... when a woman insults me CREATIVELY, then that's at least something. Phoning it in on the insults, aren't we? If a girl came up and said "You're ugly!" I'd just start laughing at her.

It's kind of like that scene from "Roxanne" with Steve Martin. "Big Nose? That's the best you've got?" Then he comes up with 20 really great "big nose" jokes and gets everyone laughing at the guy (and singlehandedly beats the crud out of him, too).

Besides... This comes from an ugly guy who has been ugly his whole life (I'm so ugly, when I was born they put tinted windows on my incubator), sometimes being physically ugly can be a good thing. We can't all look like Brad Pitt. It's still a lot of work to look halfway presentable, but I don't have to work out 8 hours a day, I don't do moisturizers, freak out over one pimple. I HAVE to get things on talent, hard work, and personality; I don't have to wonder if everything has been handed to me because of something out of my control.

Just seems a little sad at times... like I feel a bit of pity for them (in a way).

But... to make a long story shorter... now you've just weeded out some really horrible people. And you can move on, and not have to talk to them. You win!

What Girls Said 17

• People can be assholes in real life, and worse online. I admit I am an asshole in real life and online, but I don't insult people's looks.

Try to ignore it. It will take a toll on your self esteem, but you shouldn't let others get to you. I know, it's hard. But in the end, if these bastards aren't paying your bills, don't really know you, who cares what they think?

As Eleanor Roosevelt said "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    It's true. Only you can decide how much you want to let others get to you.

• I'm so sick of that Eleanor Roosevelt and her sayings. She knew nothing about how men feel

• and how do you not let them get to you

• I ignore it. I don't block people and just let them vent. On this site alone, I've gotten called a fat whore, an ugly cunt face, a stupid bitch, etc. I don't block these users and let them vent. Meh. These people aren't paying my bills. They're not my mama. They're not my bff. They're no one. Hell, I don't even know if they're the person they claim to be. And I don't care. These people mean nothing. They can keep insulting, let them vent. Let them feel superior.

• http://bit.ly/11u4SCM

Don't do things on the internet if you can't take trolls. I'm not saying this to be a dick, but seriously, if you cry over it... then it's not worth it to use that platform.

• I was not insulted on here I was insulted on online dating

• And you had to be rude to her because she was off by ONE year?

• Ok i was wrong

• Don't use Online services to meet girls would be my advice. It's a system biased too heavily on vanity and aesthetics and beauty.

It has failed many people in the past. Average looking people don't get much of a chance because general ignorance, and people above average get treated like a piece of meat to be conquered. It is possible to meet someone online, but it is a rare thing to find an actual loving relationship from it.

• i agreed

• they're trying to tell me im dysfunctional

• You are i meant

• i got called that in the face by boys in the past, i didn't cry
    but my esteem was hurt badly , i only managed to recover from it few years ago.
    be strong
    when someone pass an awful comment like her, it really reflect on that person.

• I can't ignore it.. It hurts too much

• oh man. i could never tell a woman that! this really makes me a bit said, but im happy to see that you really dont let it affect you:) and once you find the one for you, you'll forget all about the rest of the idiots

• there is nothing to be ashamed of, it hurts when someone says something awful like that, especially ugly. i think what you need to remember that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and that inside beauty is the important part. just think the people who are writing these things are hypocrites, because they must be awfully ugly to say such horrible things. next time instead of crying, think of all the amazing thing that you are, what your close people think, after all these people do not know you, they are just on online dating site. they are not worth it.

• You just don't. I've been called ugly most of my life and I haven't cried since I was a teenager. It seems silly to cry now that I'm in my late 20s. I think it's ridiculous that people still have to resort to calling me ugly even though we're older now. You're in late 30s early 40s. It seems silly that you are taking it to heart.

• just tell her to fuck off and move along. it's online, it's probably a dude anyway

• Don't use online dating sites... Bad idea.
    People get away with so much shit behind a computer screen, but when it's real like they won't have the guts to say that shit to anybody's face.

Just ignore them. They must be one ugly shitface to call someone else ugly so they can feel better about themselves.

I'm ugly and I know it, so people calling me ugly doesn't get to me.

• people are cruel and heartless, especially online. They dont know you as a person. Its so easy to throw out insults online and half the time they probably dont mean it or really care. I myself, would never call someone ugly in regards to their appearance. a persons personality can be ugly but i wouldn't be so cruel as to call a person ugly, so you dont want those girls because obviously they have an ugly personality.

• You say this out " I am very handsome" say it about many times until you feel bitter. Dont take anything serious, online;;! People can sometimes be mean...

• I don't know I've been called ugly in person and online more than I could count and I didn't cry so umm... just don't? I don't know there's not a secret remedy or trick to make you feel better. You just gotta suck it ip

• I'm sorry but not everybody is tough like you

• no I don't want to turn off my computer you turn off your computer. Gag is my life

• But see I don't need to turn mine off because I'm not crying over people cyberbullying me. You can turn off your computer, deactivate an account, or brush it off. I can't turn off my parents.

• Omg awe this is so sad but honestly people are so much braver and meaner behind a computer screen, don't take anything that a stranger says over the internet because for all you know, they could be the scum of the earth! Fuck that, man, don't let that bother you. You are allowed to have feelings but people on the internet are shit lol.

• No one should be crying. Obviously she has no respect for others. Just give it a couple more years she's going to wrinkly and pissing on herself every time she moves. I look at the positives of selfish bitches like that.

• Yeah. It hurts even when a guy says it out loud in front of the entire class.

• 1. I bet you're not ugly
    2. It's probably from an immature girl... what kind of lady calls somebody ugly?

Cheer up lol

• you don't know those girls so fuck off who cares.

• you shouldn't you have to be more confident about yourself you are a person of a lot of worth these stupid comment shouldn't make you feel down.

• Hahaha same u just can't stop the hurt :( if try to stop it get you nuts

What Guys Said 16

• Grow a pair.

• I hear what you're saying. I am really trying

• @SammiKitten asked - "Have you ever spoke to a professional counselor, who specializes in CBT?"

@silvernblackattk you respond
      "Are u calling me nuts"
      "then why you tell me to get help? This is an advice site and I'm going to use it dammit. Whats cbt"

1 - she did not call you nuts. - That was your perception
      2 - she did not tell you to get help. - Again, your perception.
      3 - they're trying to tell me im dysfunctional. - Sammi said nothing remotely close to this.

4 - "Whats cbt"
      Cognitive Behaviour Therapy - Therapy that helps you change the negative thoughts you have about yourself, and life. Helps make you more positive.

Perceive - Someone says something to you. Something very harmless, they ask you a question
      You see it (perceive) as an attack or insult. When it really isn't. Example.

"Have you ever spoke to a professional counselor, who specializes in CBT?'
      "Are u calling me nuts"

CBT would be of great help for you.

• I sort of suspect this might be MLTguy. If I'm wrong, I apologize.

If it is just one girl (you said "A girl") who has called you ugly, then you should try to understand that some people will find you attractive and others won't. It's the way of the world. Therefore, although I know it hurts, you simply realize that she is just one person with one opinion and then you move on.

Now, I have more to say, but before I do I have to ask you was it just one woman, or more than one woman?

• Multiple women

• You are very welcome

• People call other people ugly all the time on the Internet.. Why is this such an issue? It's the Internet you can expect people to be assholes. Also none of us are appealing to everyone. That's the reality of the world we live in. There will be people who think we're downright hideous and that's okay because we all have different preferences.

• Yeah that hurts dude. But you know what? Who the hell says that to another person? Ask yourself that dude. Imagine how other people would react if they heard her say that out on a public street.

It's completely inexcusable. Fuck that bitch.

• I really shouldn't be upset at her because she may not be wrong. A lot of girls on here have been saying I'm ugly so it's not so far fetched

• Easier said than done

• I had that actually happen to me before , this italian girl called me fat on a street outside of a bar and some people heard even the bums on the street though it was over the top

• my guess is you just messaged the wrong girl , I've had this happen before where I went after the wrong girl and in the end she did something like this to try and get rid of me. its not that your undatable you just went after wrong person

• You have to nullify their opinion and strip it of its power to be meaningful to you, buddy.

If they felt that way about you and are willing to say it to you like that, then THEY are the ugly ones. They're not worth your time, man. You're better than that. :-)

• Thanks and i understand but they are all rejecting me and im becoming emasculated

• I understand, man. It sucks and the truth is that NOBODY likes rejection. Still though, it's better to keep trying than to give up. Props to you for fighting through it. :-) Not a lot of men are strong enough to do that; think of it that way. It's the truth, too.

• It's easy, you're in your 30s-40s. Just don't be a bitch about it. It's time to grow a pair.

• With all due respect, judging from your comments to some of the folk here who are giving you sound advice... you seem remarkably immature, perhaps taking a break from the internet and focusing on yourself and your outlooks.. is a better option.

• I know how much it hurts I've been called ugly before actually everyone has even this guy in the link has been called ugly by my stupid sister
    www.google.ca/search
    What you should do basically is ignore that comment and just say your beautiful too. Who cares. What you are inside really matters. A beautiful girl will like you even just for your personality. Bro trust.

• 0|1
  • Start lifting dude.

• first off how do you know I don't have energy, testosterone? Have you met me before. I am just as manly and full of testosterone as you are

• I'm not saying you don't.. I'm saying it will enhance. Your consant defensive passive aggressive blows towards me lead me to belive furthermore your self conscience. Why don't you want to take advice?

What else do you want to hear? Your beautiful.. everything is OK she's stupid?

• Its her loss not yours, and who wants to date her if she's like that anyway? She's the ugly one with an attitude like that.

• At your age I didn't think that was an issue

• i can help u show me a pic of u and we can go from there i guesbut tellme your ethnicity height weight and income range

• Simply don't. If you let it consume you, it'll only lower your confidence and screw you. If you ugly, you ugly. Do the best with what you've got. Act like you are 10/10.

• what do you mean if I'm ugly I'm ugly

• You can't do much to change ugly. Simply accept it and fuck anyone that isn't attracted to you, the only ones that matter are the ones will give you a chance.

• these hoes ain't loyal lol but no ones ugly. she's probably very insecure :)