What to do with guys that only text?

Why is up with guys who only text? Why can't they talk to you in person.

This guy constantly texts me, even when I ignore him for weeks. I told him we should meet up and I called him once, but he ignores all calls. He even told me via text that he likes me and once when we hanged out he said it again (probably because he was drunk)

I just don't understand why he can't just call or talk to me in person. Why text?

Most Helpful Guy

• generally, guys just aren't good at "talking" in that sense. Our attention spans usually don't allow us to sit on a phone for 10~60 minutes BS'ing about stuff we really don't care about.

What Guys Said 5

• I have no idea why some people are like that. Personally I love talking in person or on the phone, it's so much easier. It's possible the person is shy and it's easier to say what they feel in a text because they don't have to look you in the eye.

• thats what technology does: makes people unable to communicate face to face

• he's probably shy or socially awkward. Its easy to carry a conversation over text because you have time to really think about what you want to say. Or he could just be really busy all the time.

• Not a good conversationalist comes to mind.

• I told the girl I like that I like her in person. It was probably premature (too early) and I don't think she feels the same butttt I did it in person

What Girls Said 0