I need some ladies opinion on this. Should I keep pursuing her or is it going to be a waste of time?

met a gal about a month ago, while I was out having a couple drinks with my buddies. Took her out dancing, and chatted back and forth with her for a good half hour. At the end of the night, she asked for MY number, which rarely happens to me!

We started texting back and forth, asking the usual get to know each other questions, and find out, that she was recently divorced, and has a two year child. I'm single with no kids, so this is definitely a first for me. From what she told me about herself, I found her quite interesting. She told me pretty much half her life story in one evening! Definitely someone I'd consider dating, however. We ended up going on a couple dates within a month's time, and she seemed genuinely interested.

This is my problem. She lives an hour away, and doesn't come this way very often, because she doesn't get a lot of free time. I understand that being a mom is a full time robin itself, and she has other responsibilities as well. But I've asked her a couple times when I would get to see her again, and she never gives me a date. All she says is that she can't wait to see me again and hopefully soon.. I'm not exactly sure what her intentions are right now. I've tried calling her a few times with her sending a text answer back. She keeps saying she's too busy to talk and that she will call when she has time. But she never does. We talked on the phone for a full 10 minutes once, and that was only to confirm a date we had planned. In the last week, it seems like the conversation has been dying down and I'm the one to initiate it. She seems excited to hear from me, but keeps her answers short. I haven't heard back from her for the last couple of days now. I'm not at all desperate for attention, but she has me concerned. Right now, I feel like all I'm doing is chasing my tail. Like maybe she just likes the thrill of the chase. What do you think of this situation, and what would you do if you were in my shoes?

If I were to talk to her again in the next day or two, do I straight up tell her how I feel about this, or just slowly back off? I don't want to lead her on at all. And we've met half way to go on our dates btw. She does come to town occasionally, but only when she does her shopping and that sort of stuff.
Regarding the last comment, she told me I was the only guy she's gone out with since her ex. So do you think she is a gold digger? I guess I myself don't see her being like that, but it's totally possible.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think she is dating multiple men at the same time and using a lot of them for money. You are the backup option for when the other girls aren't available.

What Girls Said 4

• ... Okay. I'm going to be honest. She's not interested. It was all fun and fine and dandy and great while it lasted, but she's back to reality and the responsibilities of being a mother, and she just can't anymore. She's not looking for anything serious. She's being very polite, yet wants to be done.

• I guess it all depends on how much you actually love her. True love always finds it's way. Have you tried skyping her? Have you tried going to where she lives vs. having her come to you?

• i would just let her go, she simmered down because she either lost interest or she's to busy, either way, no one is too busy to reply to a text, move on

• What does your gut tell you? It's probably right. Having a kid does really change availability, however you do make time when you feel it's right.

What Guys Said 0