Would you date someone who is 6 years younger than you?

The question states it all.
Is it normal?
Both guys and girls please!

Okay, would it be normal if a 24 year old guy dated an 18 year old girl?

Most Helpful Guy

• It would probably be pushing it, i'd not say no because if I like someone i'd most likely not even care... but initially i'd have a lot of reservations about the idea.

What Guys Said 25

• Of course! age means nothing to me. As long as she's not younger than 15, it'll work. When I was 23, I went with a 51-year-old. She was SOOOO hot, though.

• Sure I don't see why not, especially if the feeling is mutual for both parties. Whether it's normal or not it;s not my business. I dated a 18yr when I was 24, and then again when 26. Not a really big deal, why do you ask?

• I'm friend with benefits with a guy who is 24 and I'm 18 and he keeps saying that I'm so young, very young. And he said like when he graduated college, I was still in high school and stuff like that. And it makes me feel so bad because I'd love to date him! Like I'm old enough to have sex with but not date :(

• @Asker that sounds like a backhanded compliment of sorts. Example being that he likes having sex with you but you're not good enough to date as you have already mentioned. I don't think you should feel bad, but more like annoyed or a tad bit angry. He's basically just getting the sex and nothing else. NOW if that's ok with you then there's nothing to worry about, it's just sex, but I don't think you should be hoping for anything more than that if he's making comments like that, it sounds like he's complaining about how good he has it. hahaha

• Thank you for your opinion :)

• I'm normally pretty sensitive about age, but I may make exceptions if the girl is really special.

• why you people use the word "date" instead of "having sex"?

• Not a problem for me.

• As an 18 year old, that would mean being with a 12 year old girl. Yeah, no.

24 and 18 is fine to me though, either way.

• As long as she's legal sure why not? I mean I can't guarantee anything since she'd be 19, and probably not sure what she really wants in a guy, but sure I'd try it to see if it went anywhere. I'm told I'm mature for my age but I still don't see it.

• Sure, she would be 38

• Yes, she'd still be over 18. 24 and 18 doesn't sound bad to me.

• not interested in dating 14 year old girls.

• 6 years is a bit much right now. 4 though is no problem

• NO. Sounds like a trainwreck.

• I'm 25 and would date a 19 year old if we were compatible with each other.

• Can't reallysince the girl would be...9

• I'm 23 right now, so then the girl would be 17, so a big NO on my part

• IM 35 have dated a 20 yo and a 42 year old.

• No , she would be 11 than no i will not date her. I would date her if she's older than me 6 years..

• that would probably be the limit

• i always thought my Spanish teacher was hot and she's like 30

• Yes i would and i have dated a girl 8 years younger

• It would be legal for me, butttt, I wouldn't. If I can't take her to a bar, she's probably too young

• it she reached the legal age sure why not? but if she is underage then no not normal and the age differ from one country to another so check the age before dating

• I'm 26. Yes.

• Yeah without flinching, but I'm 33.

• At my current age, no. In ten years, yes.

What Girls Said 12

• well not right now because the guy would be 12. so that would be gross but if I was older I would. I'm actually exactly six years younger than my boyfriend. People automatically think 6 years is gross for some reason and it's not depending on the older person's age. If the people are 18 & 24, 17 & 23 16 &22 then fine. But it it's something like 10 & 16 than it's weird at the moment. if that makes sense.

• well im 19, so that means that you are asking me if i want to date a 13 year old... so no, i would not lol

• Hell no... That would be 14 lmao

• Not going to lie, the past two guys I've seen on your profile, I never see anyone that looks like them. Probably cause I live in the ghetto so everyone gives zero shits.

• @Invoker LOL!

• I have at one time.

• yes i have and am dating someone 6 years younger

• Sure, if I was single at 35.

• Yup I would, not a big gap

• As long as they are both above 18. Like 27 year old with a 21 year old. Cause if not it would be like a 18 year old with a 12 year old you know. It all depends on the situation.

• Well I'm 19, so that means the guy would be 13.
    That is just wrong every way :O

• it's alright, it will not look obvious anyway :D jk.. yes i would date if i really like him. :)

• Please don't. Don't be someones sugar mama

• Absolutely not because a guy 6 years younger than me would be 13, and squick.. I don't know if I would if I was older haha, maybe. I'd absolutely date a guy 6 years older though, I don't see any problem with that.. Haha when working out the age differences between me and whatever famous actor or whoever that I'm crushing on I always consider the fact that my Dad was 18 years older than my Mum