If you where dating a guy and you discovered he used to be overweight?

And now was in shape what would you think? I don't let girls know because I'm afraid they will judge me.

Most Helpful Girl

• A guy I dated for a while was in a similar boat. I mean I found out straigh away because I saw his I. d but... It just seems like a bit of a none issue. It doesn't bother me either way. Another guy I used to date was the opposite, he used to be totally ripped and when we dated was far less built - either way, what matters to any girl is the now. If they like how you look now, your lifestyle now, who you are now, etc then the rest is just... Backstory. Interesting, but a little insignificant.

What Girls Said 21

• I'd be happy for him. Proud of his dedication.

• I would be proud of him. I would be proud of him in any case. Losing weight that was if sth he wanted , and he reached, I would be so happy for him.
    I would be happy if he shared with me. I don't think I would judge. I would be just happy for him, as long as he was happy with himself.

• Very cute and endearing, I'd tease playfully and then share with him my own struggles with weightloss and gain, then tell him how I admire his dedication to being fit.

• I'm not sure what there is to judge. If you're healthy now, thats all that matters. i'd probably be impressed.

• I wouldn't care.

• It wouldn't change anything. There's nothing to be ashamed of, really.

• I just feel like they will see me differently

• Don't worry, they won't. You don't HAVE to tell them if you don't want you, but I'm sure they won't see you differently if you don't (unless they're shitty people, but normal ones wouldn't care)

• I'd think... awesome for him :)

• Who cares, the past is the past. Congrats for the weight loss, now lemme get to know who you are inside.

• I wouldn't think anything, I would think it was cute. I dated a guy who was overweight and lost it all and now he looks amazing, didn't bother me at all

• I'd feel more comfortable tbh because I'd feel he wouldn't judge me as much.

• I would be proud of him

• It shouldn't matter at all! If a girl you're dating decides to judge you for it, walk away and don't look back. You don't need people like that in your life.

• It shouldn't matter

• I could care less.

• i would be proud of him and love him even more for it. thats a great accomplishment

• It wouldn't change anything for me tbh

• Don't care really

• I wouldn't care.

• I wouldn't care. Just shows he had enough willpower to get healthier.

• So cute. And amazing

• I would be happy for him. It was in the past it is not like it is present. Those same girls that you feel will make fun of you will be jealous her and guys will be too.

What Guys Said 2

• Just thought I'd chime in and say congrats on your weight loss. I'm about 80% of the way into losing the weight I set out to lose, and I know how much work and dedication it takes. Good on ya. :-)

• I'm in that situation (I lost 70 pounds). They look at you more favorably now but you can't help but feel a little bitter, knowing they'd blow you off when you were heavier, even though you've been the same person all along. I think most of it is in your head... though they might not dig the stretch marks/loose skin, it shouldn't be a big deal. They might even think more of you, as if you had a strong willpower to change.