Online dating hard for men?

I read through a few girl's profiles and write a pretty witty comment showing I actually read their profile. One wrote back to me, and I replied. Four others visited my page, but never wrote back.

I actually put effort in, rather than go "sup babe". Is this typical? Are there actually other guys with good messages or are they just better looking?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think online dating is hard for everyone, it's very hit and miss and time consuming

• I would love the roles reversed. Having constant stream of women trying to get my attention and I can cherry pick which ones can fight for my time.

• I don't have it easier I have chased uninterested men, been treated badly by other competitive women, been snubbed ignored and rejected, just like u. We are not actually all that different. Just because men want kiddy doesnr mean they value the person it's attached to

• Pussy not kiddy

What Girls Said 4

• Just don't be this guy:
    http://instagram.com/byefelipe

• lol... very sad wall of shame there.

• Come on, you have that nice, southern look about you..

• I do not become rude when rejected. But I would like women to at least acknowledge my existence. It is the worst to never receive a message back.

• girls are probably getting soooo many messages, they're just skimming through, sometimes it's just their mood, some times when im in the mood to chat, i'll chat with whomever, but when I'm not in the mood to chat, even a witty guy won't get a response. It has nothing to do with you. just keep being you

• I think online dating is just a place wjere people are judged predominantly on their look amd people with personalities are pretty damned rare. I would take a break from it of I were you, can get you down swimming in shit.

• Not having massive luck the conventional way, so I sort of turned to online for now. I didn't realize it was so competitive. I don't think I'm a bad looking guy.

• People are making decisions about you based on a sentence or two and an image. if you dont seriously stand out from the crowd it will be hard.

• Don't put much thought into a conversation until you really get deeper, like 6-7 messages in at least. This is because you will have to talk to many people to find someone decent, this is the internet and finding a person you would like talking to is hard because you have so many options and some profiles are fake too.

• I usually write a sentence or two at most. It is a question about their profile. Like a girl wrote she is "Wonder Woman" so I asked where she kept her invisible plane. I'm like 10-15 profiles messaged. I thought I I'd get some kind of response - not that they would necessarily go out, but you know "Hahaha. Have a good one." something.

• Yeah I might do that. But as a profile picture, girls want to see a guy's face and his body right?

• Not just that though, I picture of you doing your hobby makes you more interesting and not just another face/body.

What Guys Said 5

• 0|0
  • Yes it is VERY typical. Women get a LOT of messages. Your message is just one of at least 20. They have so many options that can wait until their "dream guy" messages. Then usually wait for something better.

• It pretty much impossible if you don't look like a model or a movie star, or you you can't show you've got $1million or so.
    It's the perfect place to meet shallow women, if you have something they want.

• I am under the opinion that online dating is a waste of time. Women are attracted to men who are brave and assertive and anonymity is just not that.

• It is also harder to be rude to someone when they are standing right in front of you.

• I also know I will get a response with a face to face conversation.

• It is typical.