24 years old guy dating 18 year old girl? Yes/no?

Would a couple like that seem wrong/abnormal to you?
What is the biggest age gap can you allow in your relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• That was me and my ex. While everything was cool at first. The main arguments arose. At 18 you're still experimenting, figuring out what u want. Your typical 24 year old has or is close to figuring that out. After two years my ex was 20 and education was a jumbled mess. I was 26 and ready to be an adult and calm down on partying. We grew apart. I was a fuck up and tried to give her advice. She took it as me being a father rather than a bf. You're on different levels

What Guys Said 15

• its not really a big deal.

• It's not wrong. She's of legal age. I date women frequently who are 18-21 and I'm 24. I just got into college and that's the age of most girls there. I have no problem with it personally. It's not that big of an age gap but it just seems that way because they are so young. If they were 51 and 46 it doesn't sound half as bad does it?

• 6 years difference is a joke

• Its fine. I'd date a girl like you, and I'm 31.

• Pushing it. Not quite in creep territory, but close.

Half your age + 7 is the generally accepted guideline.

• it's acceptable age difference why wouldn't it be

• Nah not really. She's legal in America.

• She's legal, so they're in the clear.

• Wouldn't bother me.

• The older you are the less it matters. I'm 38 and won't date a girl less than 24-26 since it seems that's when girls mature and turn into ladies.

• lol I am for it. I hope the girl is too cuz that's my case.

Pro AgeGaps

• It's normal. Unless the younger one is 18 and the older one 81

• Legal? Yes, Moral? probably not

• yes. that's no big deal.

• That's fine but it will be prblematic in 2 years due to maturity differences

What Girls Said 9

• It always comes down to maturity levels. I'm 22 and my boyfriend is 28, and we mesh well and communicate easily because he's a 'young' 28 and I'm apparently mature for my age. So a 24-year-old dating an 18-year-old isn't abnormal as long as they're both mature and know what they want from the relationship. It'll never work if the girl still has lots of partying and rebelling to get out of her system and the guy has a steady job and is ready to settle down.

The biggest age gap I'd allow is what my BF and I have now - 6.5 years.

• It is good. age difference can be up to 15 years even, without hurting anyone. also even more in rarer cases. It is up to preference. if two adults want, it is their choice.

It depends on how much the woman is developed mentally. this mental development and maturity is important so the chances of manipulation be less and the will of the girl be completely involved. an older man can manipulate a younger girl very more easily. and there can be the opposite way when younger girls manipulate older men for abusing them.

If these two issues are not the case, the age gap does not mean anything.

some girls are older than their age and are sexually/psychologically attracted to men with bigger age gap. and men are always attracted to youth and freshness in a woman. so it is natural.

• not a fan. totally different mental state... usually.

• Its not too much of a age difference. Ideal in my eyes

• I don't think it's a big deal. And also the more older both people are it's even more of a difference. I know some friends around 16 that like college guys so ya. It's normal.

• That's fine.

• You both are over 18.

• That seems totally scceptable :)

• I think that gap is fine