What can I do fix the relationship between my girlfriend and me after she cheated?

Since my girlfriend confessed , I've been crying almost every night as soon as she falls asleep , I get nauseous and rush to the bathroom to throw up often , basically I'm a mess.

I love her beyond understanding and all I want is for us to go back to normal with the passionate love and care we have each other but now my heart skips a beat every time she talks to a guy, that's never happened for years before till now.

What can I do to repair our love?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sorry to say that and it may sound like a cliche but once a cheater always a cheater. Think about a mirror, once it shatters you will see the damn crack all the time no matter how hard you try to fix it and stick pieces together. Trust in a love relationship is like a mirror. You will always remember and never forgive. So why do you spend time with a woman you will never forgive. Look at yourself! You cannot even show your true feelings about how hurtful you are and you prefer her sleeping. She needs to learn dealin with the mess she created. And she needs to feel bad about it. But you cannot even show your feelings. This relationship is already dysfunctional.

In fact my best girlfriend cheated on her bf and immediately told her and cries and begged so they can be together. What happened was he forgave her and they dated four more years but she was always insulted by him reminding the incident and in the end she was fed up with it and broke things off. Even if she comes to you and tells you to go back to the times before incident you will maybe forgive her or thinn you forgive her but eventually you will break up. It is better to break things off before big steps like marriage because it will even be hurtful once you learn you are not the dad of your future so called kid. In my language we say this proverb: where you make a u turn before going to ultimate end, gives you benefit and prevents you the harms to you. Good luck deciding what to do! If you need a talk to mend your broken heart i am here you can count on me.

• Everything you said was true, I am crying as soon as I get home from work, I throw up in the bathroom at work, I know im a mess but I know she's dealing with the pain , probably just as bad or worse. I told her I forgave her for what she did and I do truly mean, just it pops up in my mind every time we try to be intimate. Everything before that was perfect and I know love can regrow back if i try... im just too scared to imagine my life without her.

What Girls Said 7

• Step 1: Dump cheating girlfriend
    Step 2: Move cheating girlfriend out of house
    Step 3: Find noncheating girlfriend
    Step 4: Move noncheating girlfriend into house

I know it's not what you want to hear, but if one party cheats in the relationship... the relationship is pretty much dead. I see how it's affecting you and that's not okay. Your health is more important than your relationship. Her actions are eating you up inside. Please, see that, and remove her from your life.

• it will not be easy but first find peace by forgiving her. the cheating will be always in the back of your mind but it is up to you if you want to continue the relationship or give yourself a break from it. it will be painful to free yourself from her but do you see yourself in the future with her? i got cheated on and my ex confessed too but i cannot be with him anymore. i will only keep hurting myself, doubting him and i don't need that in my life. i am sorry for what is happening to you. I hope you find peace.

• There is a reason she cheated. You have to find out why. I asked my grandma how she stayed married for 64 years and she told me "you never take your ball and go home". There is a way to fix this. You just have to find the underlying problem. Get a grip on yourself.

• I dont think its upto you. Is she trying to make it upto you at all?

I am sorry for what happened to you but I think even if you love her , you haven't actually forgiven her. Being with her still isn't forgiveness. So I think you have to decide if you can let it go and trust her again. Thats the only way things could go back to how it was. And again she also has to put in effort , not just you.

• You should get rid of her.

• Why do you feel YOU have to do anything?
    More importantly, why do you not realize you deserve better? Or that it will NEVER be the same? You can love her all you want but you've got to love yourself here. Leave her, seriously. Why don't you feel you deserve better? Why?

• Why. Just why. There are plenty of nice women out there that want love and want to commit. Like me. And you try desperately to be with this one girl who is a cheater.

Why? There are better women out there.

• I've been in love before a couple of times, but she is more special than anyone I've ever met. I've dedicated my life to her and I made a promise to give her a happy family and home, I know she loves me the same exact way, so thats why im trying to endure for our relationship.

• She doesn't love you the same way because she cheated. She clearly doesn't care enough about your happiness.

What Guys Said 4

• You can do nothing. It is she who needs to repair the damage by rebuilding trust (never lying, being where she says she'll be, not being a flirt and acting in ways reassuring to you that she is your's and your's alone.

• Allow yourself to forgive her and trust her again.
    Tell her "I want to fix this" so you can find out where her head is at and why it happened. Then you two can go from there

• You can get over it by not being bothered by the idea of her having sex with another guy.

Because other than that, she broke your trust, and there's not really any way to repair that, except with excessive amounts of time.

• Just forgive and move on.