Which desired traits should a person give up on to find a relationship?

You know how the story goes: You can't always get what you want. So, how much should you give up when looking for a mate?

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a bad question. You don't ask what you will give up you ask what you will tolerate. I have no idea why the idea that people should ever bother to meet your standards exists as if you were an employer to an employee. You must choose between the two; it is either a relationship of convenience or it is a relationship of convalescence where people grow into their better selves and shed their old husks.

However if you must live this way you need to give up on at least half. Anyone who says "None" is delusional.

What Guys Said 2

• I would give up some physical traits. Maybe I could give up a few personality flaws. But the basics have to be there, trust, loyality, commitment from both sides. I think when finding a partner, you should have basic priniples in place for yourself. Lets be realistic you will never find the perfect partner anyway, its not a perfect world.

you should just give up things you are looking for in a partner, that are not really necessary to have. But considered a bonus, he/she has them.

• none, you shouldn't settle. im speaking very figuratively here though, I know we can't get every single detail we want. but you can't really just cross any off either, just keep looking until you find what you really like and are willing to live with.

What Girls Said 2

• None. I got exactly what I wanted. Physically, mentally, and emotionally. He is exactly what I want in a potential spouse. I think people are just to desperate to be paired up that they're willing to compromise.

• If your heart has a nudging feeling, you know you have to listen to it. Dont have to settle like what FBI said