Do girls like protective guys?

Do girl like protective guys? Is it frowned upon if the guy tells some at a bar to stop grabbing you? I was out at a bar the weekend and this girl was dancing by her self for a while and these guys just kept trying to grab her. I ended up standing I between them and told them to get lost. Did I do the right thing? Or could she have done it her self. I didn't know the girl, although I thought it was bad that these guys have a pack manatlinty. Do girls get intimidated by this?

Most Helpful Girl

• not this much protective...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W9APejEDNk

but yes we like protective men.

though it is not your duty and you can have yourself in trouble if you do such works for a stranger woman. consider this also that she might not be as troubled as you may think she is, and does not appreciate your work after it.

If a girl was really in trouble and you saw her struggling or wanting help then help her. in these kind of situations that is not very hard for the woman to take care of herself there is no need.

What Girls Said 7

• it's nice to be protective, but not in excess. I like when a guy grabs my hand in public to keep other guys away or when he makes little gestures showing he'll fight to protect me, but in those weird cases where he tries too hard or overprotects me like a dad, that's where I draw the line.

• Its great <3

• I think its a nice and brave thing you did, i like protective guys,

• U did the right thing. Girls love it.

• When that kinda thing happens, I just thank god there are still gents in the world who don't think it's ok for a man to grab a random woman, and are actually strong enough to speak out and tell him to stop.

• no, i prefer being able to prove my independance. if some guy was grabbing me, id perfer to punch him, not have any other guy steal the glory. some girls like it but i personally dont. then again im a hockey player.

• some girls enjoy being grabbed by unknown guys. it's a fantasy and if another guy confronts those guys she will get upset that he stopped them.

• really? thats just my opinion but i prefer proving myself rather than letting a stranger so it for me. im a 3rd line ice hockey center on a guys team so dealing with bs is my thing.

• Yes, girls like protective guys, guys who can stand up for them when needed to. As always, there's a limit to everything. Being overprotective is just... Well, maybe some might be into it.

What Guys Said 7

• you did the right thing regaurdless of her liking it. if a girl is in trouble with a group of guys stand up and get rid of them. it's better for all involved

• absolutely they do

• Being protective with moderation is what any women wants.

• i think they like protective guys, but not overrrrr protective now that is just plain creepy to them

• Don't know. as i guy, yes you did the right thing. in my childhood, older girls were actually my friends, so i grew up respecting girls and acting protective.
    I did something similar with a girl in a club. She did not say it out loud, but she liked it :) and i noticed that in her behaviour.

• Stop being a white Knight

• not me i hate that