How would you cope if your ex boyfirend dated someone thats prettier and better than you?

my ex left me for a girl who looks like megan fox, she is super hot and certainly not dumb, she is really smart and studying to become a layer,... our breakup wasn't so good either it left on bad terms after dating of 3 years,...

while he was still with me he got with her,... most tell me to forget him but it still hurts at the fact he left me for someone better, it gets me thinking if i were as pretty and smart as her he would have the need to look for another woman,... how can i cope? its been months but the pain is still there,...

Most Helpful Guy

• Look everyone views beauty differently u really have to understand that, u and ur ex might find the new girl more beautiful but other guys will find u more beautiful than HER. every guy has verrry different preferences, i'l give you an example. I happen to LOVVE certain traits in girls like having big black eyes and dark hair, to other guys many of them will view girls who have those traits as average or Normal, but to me they are freakin ANGELS. Got my point? just wait for a guy who loves you for who you are and what you have.

As for ur douche ex, just like he was shallow enough to leave u for what he thinks is more 'beautiful'... that girl will leave him for another man that she thinks is more handsome or attractive.

Just forget about him and move on, use this experience as a motivation to make urself a better and stronger person. Maybe start exercising/working out to get a more tight body and be more happy with urself. That's personally what i do, the emotions/anger that i have from losing someone dear to me will all turn into massive energy when i workout. U have no idea how many personal excercise records i have broken just cause i lost someone i cared about. This all ends up making me feel way better of myself.

What Guys Said 4

• A girl is not 'better' than any other girl. Don't feel bad about the other girl being smart or good looking or whatever. He did wrong to get with her while he was still with you, and you deserve better.
    Trust me, most guys don't judge girls on some Megan Fox-factor. I personally don't even know what makes me attracted to a girl. (Okay, I may have a weak spot for girls who can sing beautifully.)
    Please don't put yourself into thinking someone else is prettier or better than you are. There is no need to put yourself down.

• Seriously, fuck people who do this! It's unsurprising that you've been left with a bit of scar tissue, most people who go through this are. Upgrading (if you wanna call it that) says pretty directly you're not good enough. It's a very inconsiderate, selfish and assholish thing to do.

The good news is that what goes around comes around usually. You need to remove the guy from the pedestal you've put him on. It only upsets you because you used to date him and still have feelings for him so how he sees you matters. He saw someone better; making you not feel good enough. But he's an ugly person for doing that, HE is not worthy of YOU.

Right now you're still hurting and you can't see it, but there much much better men out there!

• hmm yes i still do have feelings for him, il try to realize that coz i havnt,.. thanks for making me reconize it.

• It takes some people longer than others, but in the end you pick yourself up, dust yourself down and carry on. A lot of people try to create a new personality to move forward with, as the old one got rejected. Don't do this, if it's fake there's only so long you can keep it up. Just take some lessons from what's happened and carry on being you, only spend time with people who make you feel good about that.

• Hey, you move fast from asking how you look to relationship problems ;)

Trust me it gets better with time, the fact you can't have him anymore is the reason you want him so bad, you need to let it go, it seems impossible, so easy to say, so hard to do I know, but the reality is he isn't coming back so you're going to spend the rest of life crying about this guy when he dumped you on your arse, you need to make him pay for him, show what a woman you are to yourself, get a new guy, there is plenty our there who want you and when you do find that guy, the guy you are thinking about now you will give 0 fucks about :D

• You shouldn't look at it that way. You should think about the fact that if that's the reason why he left you then he's extremely shallow and doesn't deserve to be with you. If he finds someone better than her he's probably the type of person to just leave her too for someone better he ha a chance with. That isn't love, that's lust and love is what you're looking for. As soon as you start looking at it in a more positive way you should be able to slowly get over it and forget about him.

What Girls Said 4

• Cheating has everything to do with the cheater, not the person being cheated on. If the opposite were true, then no beautiful/attractive, smart, successful man or woman would be cheated on ever. And yet, they are, every day.

He did you a favor. Unfortunately for her, she's now committed to a man who has the capacity to cheat on those he commits to. And once a person has cheated, it becomes much easier to do it again. An extreme example, but it's like serial killers who admit it became easier with each murder. They learn to quiet their conscience, and in his case, he even landed another girlfriend afterward. They become better at rationalizing why it's ok.

There will always be temptation, even if you're with the most beautiful person in the world. She'll always have to watch her back knowing that he could do the same TO her, that he did WITH her. You're free to find someone faithful.

• wow thats quit an answer,... hope you have a good day you :)

• first, don't underestimate yourself. your ex's new girl is no better than you. the reason why you are hurting right now because he moved on and replaced you. you will move on one day and laugh at this question. sometimes, we have to meet the wrong people to meet the right ones. clearly, he is the wrong one. coz if he was the right guy, he won't have cheated on a beautiful young woman like you. and if she was also any better, she won't have hooked up with this cheater unless she did not know. smile, gorgeous. don't beat yourself thinking why and what if. there are so many other reasons why you should let go of him. start loving yourself instead. hope you feel better <3

• Your ex sounds like a shallow asshole.
    If she is pretty and smart she will eventually see that and have no problem tossing his ass. I know it is hard, and will take time but you will get your revenge in time.

• Just find someone that makes you happy.