I'm extremely terrified of rejection. How can I overcome it and how can I actually ask?

I finally realized that this is my problem. I am a complete (excuse my language) pussy. I am fearful of rejection, completely scared of it. I fear of what happens after asking and being rejected by the girl. I worry about what will happen to our friendship and what others will think. So, I, in all my 15 1/2 years on this earth have been single and never got the courage to ask. I now feel like so many girls have given up on me, and I don't want this girl I like currently to give up on me either.
Right now in my current situation, I feel like a girl likes me, but I don't want to jump to conclusions. There have been many signs and if you're trying to help convince me she does then you can look through some of my past questions. I also think everyone but me knows she likes me, I was recently invited to a girl's party because of her. The boyfriend of the girl (who invited me) told me this today of how I was invited because the girl was invited too. (What's weird is the other people invited because a person is if their GF was going to be there.) Unfortunately, she won't be able to go so it won't be as intended. This may be obvious to others, but my brain refuses to jump to conclusions she likes me no matter how many signs are shown. (As I said if you want to see more signs, just look through my questions. DECIPHER THESE TEXTS IS AN IMPORTANT ONE)

IF YOU ONLY WANT TO ANSWER THE MAIN QUESTION:
But, let's say I do accept and know she likes me this is the main meat of the question for you skimmers who don't want to read it all. I don't know what to do next, I really still am scared no matter how much I convince myself she likes me. II'm in High School, so not many people ask to be a GF/BF asking them out on a date. How should I ask her out, as in being my GF? And before I can even get to this, how can I overcome my fear of rejection? I do love myself and have some confidence in case you will say that, but I am not confident at things I have never done before.
Thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• My friend,

You are a good person with a good heart. I can see that... That is why you are afraid of rejection. You are in tune with your heart. Never lose that... Keep your innocence no matter what society says.

The key to overcoming rejection is viewing your fellow man in a health light. People DO have the ability to destroy you inside. Some people who are very sensitive can be scarred for life by mere words, I know, I was one of them.

If you are able to overcome, and adopt a healthy view of your fellow man (And woman) the last step is the hardest, and that is to just go for it. Unfortunately, this is the hardest thing to do: Actually manning up and telling a woman how you feel, putting your heart, literally, in her hands to do with as she pleases. She may stomp on it and scar you, depending on how healthy your emotions are.

This is the part many adults even struggle with, because, when they were your age, they internalized their struggles and never actually told a woman they fancied how they felt about her.

Here's a thing: Women LOVE a man who is confident enough to tell them how they feel. You can see many girls on this very website asking "What does it mean if..." Because the guy never tells her how he really feels in his heart.

It's called confidence, and women love it. But you must step out of your fearful comfort zone and expose your soul to potential pain and fear. You just gotta do it. Or you'll be forty years old with the exact same fears, only more cemented, because you have obsessed over them for the last twenty five years.

You;re going to hate me, but you're still young. If you can remain a virgin until you find the woman you want to marry, you will be better off. There's so much for you to yet experience.

But the first step is telling her honestly, fully, how you feel.

Don't let another one, "Let you go."

• nice opinion dude... i learned something from it... i'm 22 and i still have the same boat as the asker does... damn i still dont have a gf since birth

• I don't hate you for suggesting I be a virgin. The girl I like, I would never think of her as just to get sex. I actually like her personality and like her for her.

• I get that from you... That you are interested in the deeper things. The things that will hold you to your woman tighter than 90% of the relationships out there. You are tender, sensitive.

If you learn to cultivate your heart, and it's ability to understand, empathize, and love a woman as your fellow man, not subjugating her, but in appreciation and gratitude, you will have the happiest woman on earth. And in turn, she will make YOU the happiest guy on earth.

A word of advice for you, I'd still be the same guy I was nineteen years ago if it wasn't for me turning to God and asking Him for wisdom. He will grant it to you if you only ask. I did... And He responded to me.

What Girls Said 24

• ill start of my saying being scared of rejection does not make you a p****. everyone is scared of rejection, whether they show it or not. you happen to be man enough to admit it.

look, this is not something you'll want to hear, but i truly believe you're too young to be asking women out anyway. i know you want to , i know, i get it. you have so much ahead of you tho, and you really dont wanna end up being that player jerk guy who thinks he's cool getting all the women, because this is how it starts. i would rather you be terrified of rejection than go around breaking the hearts of women.

think about it like this. that fear of rejection you have in you. imagine how you would feel if a woman rejected you after being with you for 3 years. now turn the tables and imagine how she would feel [this girl that like you], if you got over her and rejected her after some time. don't say u wouldn't because i assure u, a small percentage of these relationships last.

a solution: ask her to hang out. u can get close to her, be a good friend, maybe a best friend, but u seriously dont need to get all strung up on women just because they like you. if u just played along with every woman that did, it wouldn't make u much of a man, but just a boy who likes attention. u decide who u wanna be.

• wouldn't he being her best friend just make him friend zoned?

• well i apologise for making my opinion too long.
      anyway thats fine, do what u like. i just came to give my input.

• The best relationship comes out of the two best friend ;3
      But asker, I've been waiting for 20yrs '-'
      Juz have a little patience and the time will come ;P

• You only live once and you never know which day will be your last. Remember this because this is very important. I don't want to bring you down, but any time I feel too nervous to ask someone out or confess my attraction, I remember that I could die tomorrow without ever being able to tell a guy or girl I like them. I'm sounding pretty morbid, I guess. I'm sorry, but it's the truth. Live every day like it's your last. You could die tomorrow or even the person you're attracted to could pass away and you'd feel so much regret. So, don't let fear hold you back! Think of today as if it was the last day of your life collect all the courage you have to ask her out. If she says "yes", then great! If she says "no", then at least you would know and could move on.

• When you date the whole point of it is to meet the person that you work out best with in the end ((typically you want to get married however a lot of people dont get married these days and are fine with just being committed to their bf/gf)), well of corse you can have some fun along the way to finding the one. a lot of people have fun by having sex with any one they can get their hands on.

So just think about it, when you find the one or get married, that means you are only picking one person and you have rejected everyone else. See rejection is very nessesary. Everyone gets rejected by someone. So when you get rejected you have to tell yourself "well we just werent mant to be, everyone is not meant for everyone" and then move on and keep your eyes open for someone else who could possibly be the one.

rejection only becomes tough to handle when you have a crush on the person and they are all you think about, and you have put them up on a pedastal like they are a god/goddess and you haven't even talked to them yet and all you do is watch them. When you have thoes type of feelings then in your mind you are already thinking that the person you have a crush on is the one so when you are rejected by them, you will feel heart break. The same kind of heart break you will feel if you were actually in a relationship with someone you loved and the relationship ended.

The trick to not feeling heart break when rejected is to not develop deep feeeling for a person before you know them. As soon as you see a girl, who may be pretty or cool, or fun then you should talk to her right away so that you can find out if you will be rejected or not before you have thoes feelings for her, that way it won't hurt if you do end up being rejected.

now in your situation you must realise that it takes communication to make a relationship. Say you get in a relationship with this girl, then what are you gonna do? just sit there and stare at her? No you are gonna have to talk

• you are gonna have to talk about things including your feelings so if you want a relationship then you better start developing thoes communication skills now. You can't be afraid of saying what is on your mind ever or else you will never be heard

• It's okay to be scared of rejection, many people are. You just gotta be like eff this eff that Imma go after her. Once you put that aside you'll feel a whole a lot better. I went after this guy freshmen year of high school and got laughed at a lot because I was a girl going after a guy but we ended up together for 2 years and it wasn't the best relationship but it was worth the risk. So definitely go for it I support you 100%!!!

• Okay first of all, if that's your profile picture, you're cute asf. Second of all, if you never ask, then you'll always be wondering what the answer was, right? The worst she could say is no, and eventually you'd move on. But almost everyone on this earth has amazing qualities in their personalities and deserves an amazing girl/guy (with exceptions of players/sluts) . If she fails to see the amazing qualities that you have then screw her because she obviously isn't looking deep enough. I don't know you but im sure you're a great guy, so just go for it. If she says yes, think about how happy you'll be that you asked, and happy you'll be in a relationship with her. If she says no, then talk to someone about it, and eventually you'll see that it was nothing wrong with you, it was her. :)

It just got balls deep.

• and about your friendship, if she says no then just go up to her and make conversation the next day. If she see's that you don't feel awkward, she won't either

• Your adorable I honestly don't think you have anything to worry about. Look at it this way, you have one life, live it how you want to. Be in control of your own life and don't let your fears rule your mind. The WORST possible thing that could happen is that she could say no.. That isn't that bad!! Trust me. Also everyone gets rejected, your gonna have to feel it sometime. But If you have confidence in yourself there is no doubt the girl will recognize that and be turned on :)

• Overthinking is the WORST possible thing you could do when it comes to dating - I do it all the time, so... I know what I'm talking about.
    Next time you see a person you like (don't just ask anybody out - as out a person whose personality you like as well as their looks) and just ask her out. Simple. No complications. Pretend its not a big deal at all.

;)

It works!

• One day you're just going to have to wake up and smell the roses. Life isn't over when you get rejected. We all get rejected at some point in our lives. Who gives a shit? It happens. Learn from it. Grow from it. No one can make you overcome it. That's just something that's going to have to come from within.

• You're pretty young.
    I'm pretty shy too, but I was waay worse at 14 than now at 19.
    You'll be ok.
    Give yourself a chance to grow.
    :))

• You have to take your chances. If you keep letting fear get in the way of something that could be good, you could very possibly pass over the girl you were meant to be with. So take your chances, chances are this girl is crazy for you. If she says no, then move on. You'll find a girl, just take your chances and stop allowing fear to stop you. Chin up dude :)

• I asked a guy out and got rejected, but knowing he did not like me was so much better than the fear I had built up about it. I moved on so easily after I knew there was no way it would happen. Trust me, the fear of rejection is waaaayyyyyyy worse than the rejection itself.

• This is what I don't get why don't you get closer to get before asking her out?
    These are one of the reason why boys have an overthjinking mind these days
    You shouldn't just ask her out cause obviously she'all reject you. l
    Its bad enough you been rejected so try not going fast y'know?

• Did you even read? I have been friends with this girl for like a year and have been texting her a bunch. Obviously I haven't wanted to just go up and ask her, and I've never been rejected cuz I've never asked.

• You need a therapist. Sounds like you have an anxiety disorder honestly you might have OCD.

• If you ask the question, you can't bash people for giving their honest opinions.
      SHAME ON YOU!

• I apologized, cuz I realized they were trying to actually help.

• just expect both a positive and negative response. be ready to hear both a yes and no and know that it will be one of which

• Im not a guy but i use to feel similar to what you feel when i was your age so oneday i made up my mind to just put myself out there and i was willing to deal the consequences of rejection. Point being you will feel better making and attempt than not at all. Dont be the what if dude

• Well this guy at my school was sooo nervous about asking this girl out. He had been trying to ask her for a month. He finally did it and she said yes. That girl was me and that guy is my boyfriend. So you should just ask. Also say, "Will you be my girlfriend?" Its more romantic.

• I'm a girl, and i know how annoying it is when you like a boy and they like you but they're too scared to ask you. After a while you just give up. so ask her. The worst she can say is no.

• I don't know what to do because I'm not a guy but rejection isn't that bad. The thought of getting rejected is way worse. I got rejected by one of my guy friend and I thought it'd be horrible but it was fine. It really isn't a big deal because it happens to the best of us. Just put yourself out there.

• The worst any girl can say is no. Take the chance (: You'll regret it if you don't.

• Just do it it's better then wondering what if?

• Don't worry about it, just go for it once, see what happens think of the worst thing to happen it can't be that bad, but don't worry about it, you will be fine , I'm the same

• This is everyone's problem.

• Man up. And you seem a little rude TBH

• The only way (that I know of) to get over a fear is to push through. You just have to ask her. Look at this way: will you be more upset at yourself if you don't ask her out and you later find out she had a huge crush on you, or if you ask her out and she says "no". From what you said she probably won't say no, and even if she does its not the end of the world, hey it will boost her ego in the meantime and make her happier. I know soooo many times I have hinted at guys (I'm a junior in high school btw) to ask me out and they NEVER pick up on the hints and it gets sooooooooo annoying... it seems she is hinting at you to ask her out... so JUST ASK HER OUT!!! :D best of luck.

What Guys Said 45

• I copied my response to another question for you:

If you dont approach because you are afraid - you don't get to go out with her
    If you approach and are rejected - you sont get to go out with her.

So the worst outcome (being rejected) is the exact same as never approaching because you are afraid.

Another way to look at it is this... you own a restaurant that makes the best chinese food in town. Like THE BEST - but yet, some people on a given night won't come in your restaurant. It's not because your Chinese food is horrible, it's because they prefer Italian. You've not gone to a restaurant on a given night - even one you like - because you prefer something else.

• I used to be that way. the first girl I asked to a dance, I was so nervous I am not even sure I said anything coherent lol all you can do is practice, every time you ask, the easier it gets. My first 2 girlfriends pretty much set me up to the point where it was so clear they liked me, and I STILL came up with reasons to not make a move! My first real kiss, I was 17 dating a 16 year old, she locked me in the car and would not let me leave until I kissed her (we have been dating for almost 3 weeks lol)

I used to be introverted but now at 22, I am a complete extrovert and can be very confident with the ladies. You just have to accept that most will say no, even to a great looking guy. But it only takes one yes.

All I can recommend that worked for me, just start treating yourself like you are desirable, just fake it! And flirt/be witty with everyone, guys, girls you aren't even interested in, it is all practice! Eventually after faking long enough, you will actually become these things. Like if you have ever told a lie for long and so many times that you actually take it as true yourself.

• oh c'mon you are a good looking guy... girls will certainly like and interested in you

• You look just fine yourself sir! It is not even about the looks sometimes, I think most woman would agree that loads of the right kind of humor and confidence can make up huge ground on what they want. Anyway, I feel you on all of this, I was exactly the same at that age range, I always thought I was super ugly too, now I accept that I am at least an average looking dude, but I have tons of charisma now as well and that makes a difference. Like I said in my post, just fake it, and eventually you will be charismatic.

• Don't think. Next time approach her right when you see her, don't wait more than 5 seconds cause then you'll start over thinking and you'll never approach her. Go to her and ask her out. Take her to a quiet place if you don't wanna do it in front of other people, but you gotta do it man. She likes you, why is she gonna reject you?
    I'm also terrified of rejection, and it may sound ironic that I'm telling you this, but it's what we gotta do.

• How about, stop being such a whiny little bitch?
    You have everything to gain from asking a girl out, and very little to lose. If she rejects you, then move on to another girl you like. Even if she reject you, you gain experience from it. Nothing is lost. If you are too shy to approach her, you've already lost. If she rejects you, at least you can hold your head up high knowing that you tried. If she accepts you, then you will live a happy life.

Fear is what keeps 99% of the public ignorant, poor and self-depreciating.

While you may fear rejection from a girl, the implications of this are much deeper. Fear of rejection tells me you have a very low risk tolerance. Even when that risk is intangible, you fear it. This is what it means in your life:

1. You are afraid of approaching a girl for fear of failure. Thus, you have spent most of your life crushing on a girl, but rarely or never acted upon it.

2. You have a very low tolerance for investment risk. You will never buy stocks because you think it is "gambling". In truth, you actually have no understanding of quantifying and valuating the risk associated with investing.

3. You are risk averse. If I told you to play a game where 55% of the time, you would win, you still wouldn't play for fear of losing 45% of the time.

4. You will not take risks in life. You prefer to work for someone, and gain a steady, low paying but stable income. This will keep your potential limited, and you will live a life of mediocrity. You will not go off and start your own business, which has the potential to make you a millionaire because the risk of failure and bankruptcy.

note: I am not being an ass. I am letting you know that you need to be tough to make it in this world. Don't be the 99%.

• "If she rejects me, it's her loss"

This is your new mantra, please sit Guru style on floor and chant this mantra 1000 times a day for 6 months straight till the new moon on the 6th month.

Then, go and find Chimp testicles, gather fresh goat milk, the piss of a donkey, mix together and then drink for maximum affect of mantra.

your love life will be changed.

Oh, must also select this as most helpful answer for full effect.

• cool haha "if she rejects me, it's her loss"

• If she rejects you, just say "its your loss, I'm the best guy you'll ever meet, you just lost your soul mate, in an alternate reality, me and you go out on a date, and the alternate version of you is extremely happy for doing so"

• You seem like you're just like me. Trust me on this one just do it. If you dont you will only regret it for a longer time. If you do ask her out on a date. Or just to hang out w. e. I know this for a fact because i dont own it. Girls like confidence if you dont man up and do it someone else wil. Now ask yourself this is it worth it for you to let it go? If she says no it will hurt and you might get a bit depressed ( complete honesty ) If you do ask her and she says yes it will give you courage to do this with all the other girls that are out there. It is really simply all about breaking the fear of rejection by just doing it. If you dont you won't get anywhere not just with girls but in live.

• If your having problems with building up the nerve for fear of rejection, 1st off, This is a very very common thing nowadays. Fear of rejection is the main thing that stops people from making friends or getting girlfriends. How to build up the courage? I'm sure a lot of people will tell you to just ask, but they don't understand how hard it can be. I'll give you a solution that is going to sound weird. Make your move to ask her out, while half focusing your mind on a distracting thing that makes you happy and strong. It may sound cliche, but distracting yourself from the fear could give you the courage to ask her out. Fear of rejection is always scary, but worth overcoming, if you want a girlfriend. distracting yourself as much as possible from the negatve fear as you go to do something it holds you back from, is the only advice I can give.

• Thanks, I've never heard this before I will definrely try.

• Fear is always the hardest part. Everyone feels it, trust me, even if some won't admit it. I hope it helps, and I am pretty sure it will, as it has for me and friends of mine who asked me for advice in the past. Good luck.

• 1st i'm going to till you something that I wish someone had told me in high school. None of it matters. what people say and think about you is irrelevant. particularly in high school b/c everyone is insecure hormonal monsters that say and do cruel things to each other. you want to know the secret, its confidence. sort of a fake it till you make it kinda deal. your going to change so much in the next 4 years.

now as for rejection. its nothing to be afraid of. your gonna get rejected most of the time especially at 1st, its a numbers game, but its like Gretzky said, "you miss 100% of the shots you don't take". the best thing you can do is learn how to deal with rejection early. when it happens take some time to deal and move on. ITS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD, infact it opens up a whole world of possibilities. just be like, "ok she's not interested but maybe she will be". you'll notice after you get rejected, give yourself a once over, you'll notice that there are no scares, no broken bones, your fine. it will hurt but its not the end.\

the best thing to do is just ask her out and don't do a group thing is sends the wrong message, actually it might make her feel more comfortable in a group dynamic. I hate but you might want to ask the internet. you might want to look up tips for getting out of your comfort zone. don't be afraid to be different follow your passions and don't listen to haters. I hope this was helpful. good luck man

• There is one pure awsome fact that you must learn about the world my freind and that is every one has different tastes in things they love in life and things they dislke different stuff. There is a large range of people in the world and you will find people you will be attracted to you and who will feel attracted to you.

No need to fear rejection bro it happens even to the best of us at times, just best to positivley brush it when you can. Simply rember knock on enough doors and eventuly you will have one that is right for you. If not nthen make a door that will help to.

You are still pretty young and have some things to expreince so dont feel fearful simpyl stumble and learn from any expreinces you go through if you can it will help a lot, chin up and be the best version of yourself you can be good luck. : )

• I COMLETETELY understand. It induces such pure helplessness in a person. But despite this, try relaxing before asking her out. You could meditate, repeat a mantra, or simply take deep breaths. This type of feeling usually comes around due to rejection in the past, so I will assume that for this: that was you in the past and some other girl it wasn't meant to be with. As far as assuming a romantic tone when asking her out, due to your anxiety on this subject, ask her out. It doesn't have to automatically state you want her to be your girlfriend. Granted, it can help, but for the first time maintain a friendly mood. All in all, relax! You'll be glad you put yourself out there, and try to keep your cool. Maintain a friendly mood the first time, but if sparks fly, so be it! (Unless she asks if it's a date when you ask her out, in which case, say yes, and make that yes sound confident!) Good luck man. :)

• I haven't ever been rejected, I just haven't tried.

• Then seize the day! She obviously likes you, just keep telling that to yourself! I understand what you're saying, but you say you won't draw conclusions, yes? Then why are you drawing conclusions about something you've never experienced? I realize it's there, and it's normal, but come out of that shell! You'll be glad you did, if for no other reason than the learning experience!

• Yes, maybe I need to drop the overthinking

• Ur juz paranoid and ur brain trick u into thinken the worse possible way out. If u don't take this chance, ur doom. Girls these days aren't asking guys out so its ur job to do so. U will have to go through rejection sumday eitherway so why not now and get it over with?

• Look dude, the best tng you can do for yourself is to stop giving a fuck... I used to fear rejection too and now I don't give a damn about anything and life is better for me. You lock yourself into a self prison when you have fear. Have confidence and you will be able to do anything you want to do

• Nah, because 1) Too much money 2) My friends would be upset with me and I would lose a lot of them

• Well when you get older you'll have more money and less friends and then weed will make more sense to you... I've been a pothead for a long time and honestly it makes me a better person because normally I'm too sensitive and yet violent at the same time... Weed evens me out

• I don't know what to tell you man since i have no shame+thick skin. but rejection is a part of life you're gonna get rejected by girls, sports teams, xbox live clans, jobs, for a damn loan, someones home lol

as long as you gave it a honest effort what do you have to be ashamed of? but if you never try well then you should go sit in a corner and cry (figuratively speaking)

• Jeeeesus... I can hardly believe what I'm reading here. In the 5 weeks or so since I've been on G@G... you have set a new low for a fudging pussy. Now, you already know your a pussy... but your not garden variety pussy... your a mf'ing super pussy!

I shouldn't even waste time on you, cause I doubt you will ever have any success with girls or in life with your pussy disease. But maybe if I give it a shot it may help some other pussy that may, as hard as it is to believe, is even a worse pussy than you and just lurks. At least you had balls to admit your problem. So I will give you that. And you must be commended for not being a bigger pussy and go anon.

• Life is chock full of rejection and pain, so get used to it. No fudging G@G'er is a mind reader or fortune teller. G@G'ers can't fix you... YOU have to fixe yourself. You do this by taking small bite size steps in the direction you want to go in. Each success builds on itself. Each failure, although painful to a pussy like you, is somewhat manageable since it is so pitifully small. If we don't take chances nothing will come our way. But sometimes we can force luck with putting in some preparation and effort.

Never ask her cold to be your gf. Always date first to soften her up. If you have a crush on her, I recommend you ask your crush out on a few dates before any confession. If she says no to the date offer, there is little damage to ego. If she does not want to date you, she most likely won't accept a crush confession either. Now being the pussy you are you won't be able to ask her out.

• So, you have to slip her a note, text, get a 3rd party to talk for the pussy and set up the date or find out her email and write her direct. What a pitiful and disgusting state of affairs.

After you date her a few times to gauge interest your in a better position for a crush confession with less chance of bruising your ego. If you get this far and want to confess to your crush write me for a 'blow by blow' scripted confession. It has worked in the past and if he likes you it will blow her tampon out of her vag. But being the pussy you are, I doubt whether you will be able to deliver a confession. In any case, we will work on that once you get the dates. Good luck!

• Yea, thanks for the confidence boost... asshole. You must have misinterpreted what I said, do you think I can't talk to girls? I only can't ask her out, asking to hang out is fine. I've been to football games with her and even paid for her one time.

• you are a young buck and rejection hurts like a kick in the nuts when you are young. dont think about it like, she is the only person that i ever like. I know you invest emotions and you think this person is special, the most special person ever. She might be if you idealize too much but you need to play it cool. If she digs you and you dig her then magic is going to happen. If she doesn't feel the same way, well you get sad for a while but remember man, there are so many people, so many oppurtunities, so many places that you will experience and you are not an ugly kid so this should be a cake walk for you. Just tell her to hang out and then take from there BUT dont tell her how you feel yet. date her, take her to the movies, a special place you like, talk, enjoy your time together and when you look deep into her eyes give her a smooch and if she accepts well... then you are boyfriend and girlfriend.

• I honestly didn't get the confidence to ask a girl out until I was 17. It worked, surprisingly.

• I actually read only the base question sorry about that, but the solution to resolving fear of rejection is by realizing that taking action has less risk and more potential reward in case of success. It helps if you know the female well enough that you can see that she is actually interested in you and interested in a relationship.

• Yea thanks, I figures some people would read that only. I basically just mentioned my question with a current situation with a girl I like and I feel she likes me but I'm still scared.

• just one thing. don't be scared of your rejection... the reason is simple, you ain't got nothing to lose.

other girls will like you, others not. it;s simple!11

• Rejection happens to everyone, especially guys. You just can't be afraid of it, thats like going into a boxing match and you're afraid to get hit. So just throw caution to the wind and go for it, trust me man, rejection is nothing to be afraid of lol. Once you get over your fear, you'll be able to flirt and ask girls out without any problems.

• Rejection is like getting into a ring and getting punched in the face.

The only way to get over it and become a good fighter, or a man who has no problem asking girls out, is to get in that ring and take some blows. You'll stop flinching and realizing it's no big deal soon enough.

• Something that helped me...

What i did was, i completely ignored my feelings. I told myself if i get rejected, the worst thing that could happen was i get my feelings hurt, so i told myself that i would not have hurt feelings. Its a simple as that

• I'm also having the same problem, I'm scared of Rejection, It's my fear throughout my whole life, there's this Girl I want to ask out, but I'm so scared, So I told myself I should just get it over with, I have nothing to gain if I get rejected, but If she says Yes, then what? So basically you gotta take your chances.

I saw this Quote "Say it before you run out of time, Say it before it's too late, Say what you're feeling, Waiting is a Mistake." So use your time wisely, If you don't do it, somebody might take your spot and ask her out.

The Girl I like, I never asked her, I see many guys all over her, but has no Interest in them, So you know, I go be that not annoying guy, but the guy that's there for her, and I try to be more closer to her, and It's working, Sooner or later I'm gonna ask her out, and Hoping that she says Yes ^^

• Like most things in life, your fear won't go away until you face it. Everyone has to find their own style in talking to women, what works for me won't necessarily work for you. We're different people with different personalities. As corny as this sounds, just go over, say hi and let your instincts take over. However it goes, you'll learn something and realise that it she does reject you, the world won't end.. And it'll make you better next time round

Good luck kid

• The only way to really overcome your fear of rejection is to get rejected and realize that it's really nowhere near as bad as you thought it would be. It took me a while to actually summon up the courage to be able to face the risk of rejection, but ultimately I realized that I had a choice of being rejected for the first time, or live the rest of my life in fear of rejection. If you think about if you never make the move, you automatically get rejected anyway.

• i wish i could help you... but we are in the same boat actually, for all the girls "rejection isn't that bad" they make it sound so easy because they are not the one who do the chasing and pursuing... well i'm 22 years old and i dont have a gf since birth... i missed many potential relationships in the past... we think the same like i just dont want to jump to conclusions and i dont want "worst feeling is getting your hopes up when it all just a misunderstanding". but i dont experience where a girl likes or have a crush on me... it is always the other way around... recently most of the girls in my age already have boyfriends... all i can say is it's hard... well if i'm destined to be single in my whole life then so be it.

• That really sucks, but I know how you feel too. Have you ever asked or have you been like me and were scared to ask?

• Well thanks, I hope you get the confidence to do it, I will let you know If I ever do.

• dont thank me i never help you fyi... just a sharing what am i now... because of wrong decisions

• Just so you know, 15 is not an age of self assurance. At 15, I was insecure as hell, and awkward as well. I Didn't even have a proper girlfriend until I was 17. So many guys talk a big game at that age but its all bullshit, most guys won't even ask a girl out until they have to for homecoming and prom.
    Just take the pressure off of yourself.

• Yea, I missed my chance for homecoming. I didn't know she wanted me to go until 21 mins after it started when she beg me in all caps to come to hoco. These are some of the signs my brain tries to overlook and makes me scared.

• Ya that is a problem. You have to jump on those opportunities as soon as you pick up signals. can't hold yourself back, you'll regret it so freaking much.

• I just don't want to get mixed signals, she just possibly gave me another signal. She was kidding saying she didn't like me, and I said do you dislike all your friends? And she said nope just you, then I asked why and she said because your special and I said special in a good way, then said yes special in a good way. I think I'm missing every signal, I didn't understand this possibly being a signal until today when she said that like a day or two ago.

• The only way to stop fearing rejection is to be rejected. Once you feel the sting of rejection you'll that your not going to die or burst into flames when you get rejected. Try going to a far out town or area and ask out women you don't know to get your feet wet. Also ask out average looking women don't go straight for the 8's and ups.

• If u don't go after what u want u won't ever know. IM also a bit of a pussy when it comes to rejection. But iv let to many good shilas slip away because of this. (im 36) now i ask im still a pussy and a worry wart but i have few regrets lately. Besides if she says no it allows me to move on faster instead of pining over her for weeks on end. So htfu mate trust me ur better off.

• Teach yourself to not care what others think of you. Asking a girl out is normal. Happens all the time.

• 0|0
  • More from Guys
    15