How do you forgive someone who has hurt you?

A guy or girl who has been unfair towards you and it damaged a part of you? That they pretended to care but did not mind hurting you? And by forgive I don't mean that they come back and ask for forgiveness, as if that even happens in real life. But I mean how do you let go of the pain or anger associated with what someone has put you through?

Most Helpful Guy

• Slowly and with time. And do things that make you happy. Anger is much easier to let go if you're not angry all the time. Sounds simple, but I've been there.

What Guys Said 5

• Let it go but don't forget it. Don't trust them, just acknowledge that what happened in the past is over and you are stronger now because of it. There is no going back so why carry the anger and frustration with you.

• forgetting is the same. i just dont associate with them anymoer at the same level of closeness.

• You just take a deep breath and let it go.

• I don't forgive them, but I don't pay them mind either. I move on, viewing them with a healthy amount of contempt. They've been a learning tool though so I can avoid making the same mistakes again. I move on and make sure I do better, as this is productive for me and irritating for them.

• Who says I do?

What Girls Said 0