Would you consider this cheating if your bf/gf did this?

Would you consider it cheating, if say your bf or gf was liking and commenting on photos of the opposite sex on fb? I don't mean just a regular comment like 'nice', but more like 'you're a beautiful woman' or 'very beautiful'.

Would you find it acceptable or would you consider breaking up with them?

The reason, I'm asking is because my bf of a few months has been doing this since we've been going out. A few weeks back he commented 'very beautiful' on a girl's selfie.

So, is it cheating?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not cheating but it's near the line. I say this as a relationship coach who's seen over 320 clients. The reason it's near the line is simple: We are supposed to be with someone on an emotional, physical and psychological level. When he does this, he's completely bypassing the psychological and emotional connection and security he has with you and you with him.

You need to nip it or end it. It's discourteous and when this becomes okay (which it does by virtue of you letting it continue without complaint), the line will keep moving.

What Guys Said 11

• I don't think I'd consider it cheating but it is definitely not acceptable. If you haven't already express your feeling that these comments may not be really appropriate. tell him his behavior makes you uncomfortable and ask him if he'd be ok if you were commenting on guys photos saying that they look "hot" or "sexy"

but also consider are these comments rather harmless and you are just feeling insecure... I'm not saying that it is ok, I'm fairly certain my wife would have issue with the same thing and if she were doing what your bf was doing I'd definitely bring it up

• No. Not cheating at all. Guys look. You have nothing to worry about, until there's something to worry about - and you're fine for now.

• He did it behind my back, thinking I didn't know he had a fb and also told people he was single..

• Every woman is like a work of art. Each unique in their own way! There is nothing wrong with a guy appreciating a woman's beauty. Be grateful he is with you! Think of how beautiful you must look to him if he finds other beautiful too!

• It certainly is NOT cheating. If my wife did it I'd smile. I'd certainly not break up over anything so silly.

• R U SERIOUS? that's definetely not cheating

• No he's just doing what he's gotta do to remind you that he's desirable. I mean if he's off shagging girls he's cheating. But just flirting, he's just keeping himself sharp so when he's with you he's still in shape when it comes to charm and whatnot.

• refer to original point.
      Just because he did something and didn't tell you doesn't mean he's cheating

• he's not cheating but he's getting there. Don't just break up with him for it, tell him to stop or not do that. If he wants to keep doing it you can maybe think more into breaking up or you can just kind of monitor him more to make sure he doesn't sleep around or message them too.

Personally, I like a chick that will spot out a nice ass for me to eye candy for a second. In the end i'm still with you and have you in my arms. Try to get him to stop though before he escalates a post to a conversation to a cheat.

• Leaving a nice comment on a girl's picture is cheating now? Are you serious? Cheating is going on dates/making out/giving head/ having sex with another person.

• No he isn't. He is just being nice and respectful. It's only a few comments

• No that's not even close to cheating. It's call a compliment

• No, but yes.

What Girls Said 8

• He is not actually "Cheating," however, his boyish behavior of being a problem child pattern 'Post mate' is "Cheating" you out of the truth for why he is doing what he is doing. I believe tha the deep down wishes he were free again, wishes he were this free bird and is giving subtle helpful hints to you, not caring that it is a slap in your face, that he wants to be Out there gain.
    Sit him down and have serious talk with your soul mate... if he isn't hiding all his soft spot scenarios on Fb, time for him to come clean with everything else... he is now crossed the lines of being disrespectful to you.
    If you stand for this, you will forever have to stoop for whatever poop he throws in your face.
    Good luck. xx

• Technically, it's not cheating but it's still disrespectful and inappropriate.
    Many people try to act like a technicallity makes it okay for them to do something shady, grimy, and disintegerous. So there are a lot of people who would do something like that then avoid accountability for being shady by turning it around on you and saying your'e paraonoid or you need to trust them when in fact, they are mistreating your bond. They are not respecting your feelings and quite frankly, it's embarassing if your man is on social media complimenting and praising another female with compliments. He's openly stating an attraction to another female and that's not cool.

I wouldn't find it acceptable and I would voice my thoughts immediately very openly and honestly. I would just tell him how I feel and ask if he has a crush on this girl, flirts with her in conversation, or wants to be with her or what. I don't agree with game playhing and beating around the bush. Just speak your mind and tell him how you feel. If he continues to disrespect him, then dump him.

• its not cheating but i would be very annoyed and upset at how disrespectful that is. looking is one thing but commenting and flirting is pushing boundaries

• It's not respectful to you. He's be pissed if you were telling guys they were sexy. I'd dump him

• I wouldn't consider this cheating and I wouldn't break up with my boyfriend. But, I would have a serious conversation with him.

• No I would never cheat on my future spouse

• I wouldn't consider it cheating but I would get angry. Talk to him and tell him it makes you mad.

• I wouldn't consider this cheating but I would get mad if my boyfriend would do this.