Is it a good idea for a girl to ask a guy on a date?

Should a girl ask a guy out? Is that a good idea or am I being impatient? I'm finding that you can't make a guy do anything, they have to decide to do it themselves.

I've actually tried to go to concerts with the guy I'm thinking about asking-and we'll go and have a good time. Sometimes a friend will come along. I guess that's not, really a day though... is it?

Most Helpful Guy

• That's not it. We're not mind readers. You have to tell us what you want and its perfectly acceptable to ask him out

• And guys don't find that unattractive? I guess the guys I hang out with are rather head strong. So I assume that they'll, decide to do what they want

• Really? Even if you end up saying no to her?

• Of course. Does being asked out make you feel good?

What Guys Said 9

• If I am interested, I would rather make the move not her to be honest. It doesn't put me off, and a lot of guys as you can see clearly like the idea, but I am the type that prefers to be the one leading.

How much do you flirt with him? If you start flirting a lot then things should just naturally start to happen. If you do want to straight out ask him, can't really hurt though. Certainly makes your intentions clear if he is unsure from your signals.

• Any flirting tips? He's not a touchy feely guy to begin with... very intellectual and in his head. If that matters

• I think it fine. Actually, I find it a turn on. True, guys will push back when they feel they are being 'lead' somewhere, but not all. Especially if you are a good girl.

• Firstly, I'm always appreciated by the facts nowadays girls could be more upfront especially when it comes to dating stuff, asking guys on date.
    Some guys are clueless about this stuff, u may take a step forward to show your interest on them.

• Yes. I've missed plenty of opportunities with girls because I was shy. We flirted but my shyness killed it. Don't miss the chance, go for it.

• That would be a nice change.

• Really, you think so? I'm a traditional girl and rather the guy ask but I get super impatient

• Yes, We live in the 21st century. This is the age of equal gender rights. I to would rather have women make the first move, it would make my life so much easier.

• Yessssssssssssssssssssssssss -_-

• Why do you think so?

• Just because It's a nice change for once. If you want to do it, approach it with a mature mindset. Let him know that you are serious

• Ask him out its a good thing

• It's a great idea, you should ask him...

• It is a terrible idea. He will accept and you will end up married.

• And that's a problem how?

• You clearly don't see this from the male point of view! He will be contracted as a slave for life or risk losing half or more of everything!

• Bahahahhaa!

What Girls Said 3

• Go for it girl! I've done it several times! Been turned down, and been accepted. You never know what'll happen. Go for it! It's so much better than the regret of "should've, could've, would've" that'll come later if you don't.

Good luck! You'll be great!

• Very true! And I definitely don't, want to regret not doing it. Have you ever asked a guy friend out? The guy I'm thinking about is a friend from college and I don't want to make things awkward in our friend group if it doesn't work out or go anywhere. That's happened in our friend group before.

• Have any ideas of what to do? Going out to dinner seems too formal and legit.

• My first date with a guy I asked out was bowling, but it's a little hard to talk. Ice cream, maybe? Or hot chocolate depending on the weather. Informal but time to talk and get to know each others feelings. Or if you don't want to talk then movies are perfect.

• I've done it with pretty good results. No harm in asking.

• Go for it (filler)