So where is our relationship at? who is at fault?

My bf at the beginning of our relationship took me out all the time, was crazy into me. He told me he loved me, he told me that he thought I was the one. That it was the best relationship he had ever had. Now he very compliments me, getting him to say something sweet is like pulling teeth. And whenever I ask if he is serious about us or if he sees us long term he pulls away or turns it into some type of joke. I have confronted him about it and he just says i still think your the one but we shouldn't talk serious bc I am not ready for marriage. I tell him every time I am not ready for marriage. I truly am probably the farthest thing from ready to get married. He treats me like I am the love sick puppy who needs attention and he is just too cool for school. What the heck is going on? Do we even have a future? Has his feelings changed?

Most Helpful Guy

• And how long has this been going on?

• 4 months

• Look I really needed some help and so far no one is helping.

• You want an answer that doesn't exist. We are not wizards. If he is having poor behavior this early on it's just who he is. It has nothing to do with you or anything else.

What Guys Said 3

• All relationships tend to ease off from where they were at after the first few months.

He might be emotionally immature and the thought of you talking long term may scare him. And continuing to bring it up and try to get answers is scaring him even more. It sounds like you are insecure and that is not a very good thing. BUT it also sounds like you aren't happy with things as they are now and certainly his changed attitude hasn't helped that. It could be a mixture of both, and stopping with the 'serious conversations' for now might help.

Give him some space for a few days longer than you would normally go without seeing/talking to him and see if he is suddenly more interested. Also it wouldn't hurt to suggest going out sometime to him.

Its also possible if he won't talk long term anymore that he doesn't see you as a longterm prospect and doesn't want to lie to you but doesn't want to break up. But if he does say when pushed that he still loves you that is less likely.

• Sounds like the honeymoon phase is already over. That's not a good sign, you guys should still be infatuated with each other.

• Why don't you be assertive and come up with your own decisions.

• what the heck are u even talking about?

• Decide what you want to happen and make it happen.

• I don't think u can even read

What Girls Said 0