Is this normal? Thanks for answering?

Hey thanks for reading. So uhm my girlfriend and I have just started dating maybe a month?
Things are rosy and all. But like until now I still don't know when she broke up with her ex and how long they dated. Neither does she know about mine. I mean neither of us talk about it to each other and we don't ask about each other's ex. She knows I'm still friends with mine and I know she's still friends with hers. She does tell me when she's talking to him and promises me she knows where to stop. We know the names of each other's exs but that's basically it. Is it fine to know so little about our each other's previous relationship? I mean she says she didn't ask me was because she didn't want to meddle in my stuff and control who I talk to and to respect me. But knowing so little about our previous relationship is that okay? Or should we tell each other more?
Thank you (:

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're both comfortable with how you both retain contact with your exes and she has assured you she doesn't want to meddle in your past life, I assure you that this is perfectly healthy. Normal is a very relative term - it's different for everyone. For instance, I knew my boyfriend's ex-girlfriend because the two of them used to hang out at my old roommate's house all the time while I was there. As such, he knew my ex-boyfriend as well. Both of us are still friends with our exes and nobody's bothered by this. If she hasn't mentioned the parameters of her last relationship, chances are that it didn't mean much to her and she's perfectly happy with you. Relax :)

What Girls Said 4

• Personally, I like full disclosure about my boyfriend's past... and just the same, I tell him everything about mine. Thats just my preference. Some couples do a form of "just don't ask and worry about the present" but that doesn't work for me. I like to know everything about my boyfriend.

If its something you want to know, I'd just ask... if you are alright not knowing, then no big deal.

Side note... I'm never supportive of remaining friends with an ex. In my experience, it never turns out well.

• Once you've developed a stronger affection for each other, you should be able to open up to each other especially about your past relationships. Maybe you two aren't there yet, but you'll get there surely. You should bring it up first, not just because you're the guy, but because maybe she needs your move first. It's completely normal for teenagers.

• Did y'all date previously

• i think its ok and she is right.. each relationship is different and i dont think it is right to compare relationships.. different people different relationships.. now you are with her and thats all that matters no need to know a lot about her ex:)

What Guys Said 0