I told him that I like him but I didn't get a response. Does that mean he doesn't like me?

I have a crush on a guy. From his body language and from how he acts in person when I'm around him it seemed like he liked me too. I've been working up the courage to tell him how I feel. I wanted to tell him in person so I asked him if he wanted to go to an event with me this Saturday. I had planned on telling him in person that day as we hung out but told me that he was busy that day. I've been tired of holding in how I feel and I don't know when I would see him again so I decided to just text it to him. I sent a short but direct text saying that I've been wanting to tell him something. I said that I liked him and I have since the day I met him. I also stated that it's ok if he doesn't like me I just wanted to let him know how I felt and I ended it with a smiley face. He hasn't responded yet and that was hours ago that I sent it. I'm sure he received the message because he texted me earlier today and he texted me yesterday as well. I'm guessing that he just doesn't want to reply and he doesn't like me? I'm feeling really sad about it. I really like him. It took me a lot of courage to tell him. I was going to just keep it to myself but I decided to be brave and just take a chance and be direct. I wanted to tell him in person but I didn't know when that would be. I didn't know when we would see each other in person again. I don't see him everyday and he said he was busy this Saturday so I didn't want to keep waiting and waiting to tell him. I wanted to get it off my chest, it was constantly on my mind and i figured that i would never know what could happen if i just kept it to myself. But now I'm wondering if I made the wrong choice. I feel sad and upset that he hasn't replied to what I said. I'm starting to think that he doesn't like me. I feel embarrassed, stupid and hurt all at the same time. I don't know what I should do. We go to the same school. I don't know if I should ask him if he received my message or not the next time I see him at school?

Most Helpful Guy

• Very brave ^_^ You totally rock, telling him!

As far as the text goes... he might have not checked his phone. He might just not like you. He might not be sure if he likes you or not (an excellent reason to go on a date, eh?) and not be sure what to answer. He might be stunned and unsure what to do.

If he doesn't get back to you in a day or so, I might text him one more time: "So, that text meant I'm asking you out on a date of some sort, if you can't make this Saturday another day, maybe. We can see how well we get along."

• I've hung out with him a couple times already =/ I don't know if they were considered dates or not. But we went to the movies once. We seemed to get along great. We talked and laughed the whole time and smiled at each other a lot. I should ask him on a official date? And thanks for saying I'm brave =) I really feel embarrassed telling him.

What Guys Said 2

• you took a big step so obviously you will be nervous but stay calm he could just be thinking how to respond. men are usually pretty stupid when it comes to that sort of stuff so I might just take him longer

• You think he's nervous? I guess that's understandable. I was extremely nervous to say what I said. I hope he replies or tells me something eventually. But why are guys stupid when it comes to that kind of stuff?

• don't worry even if he doesn't like you there are plenty of other fish in the pond. much better prettier fish, but im pretty sure he likes you

• That's true I suppose. It's just hard to think that there are other fish in the sea when no fish seem to like you =/ but thank you for your kind words of encouragement. I appreciate it.

• That or he is busy or wants to say yes I'm person

What Girls Said 1

• Most guys who like you would drop everything to hang out with you. Then again, he could of really been busy. I think he may like you at least a little, I mean if he didn't like you it seems like he would of told you by now. If I were you I wouldn't text him again because sometimes that's annoying, just wait until you get to school and see him. And hey if he doesn't like you back, it's no big deal, it happens to the best of us. There's more fish in the sea and maybe he just want the right one you know? But anyway good luck!

• Yeah that's what I thought too =/ if he liked me then he would want to hang out with me =( maybe he doesn't like me then. And yeah... I won't text him again. I think I embarrassed myself enough. I don't know what I will say if I saw him at school... maybe I should avoid him?

• There's still a good chance he likes you though. I guess just don't get your hopes up because that's never goes well. Aww you didn't embarrass yourself, you simply told him how you felt. If anything he should be embarrassed for not answering you. And if I were you I would just act completely normal around him like nothing happened, and so he'll be the one to break the ice about it.

• It's going to be a little hard to act normal around him but I will try lol. And yeah I won't say anything else about it, I'll let him bring it up. And I agree, I won't get my hopes up... it just leads to disappointment. I'm already anticipating him to say he doesn't like me or that I just won't get a response. ... it might be bad to think that way but I just don't want to be let down. ..