What is the best way to confront your ex after a long time of not speaking?

So a long story short, I've had a girlfriend for a year and eight months, we broke up early this year (she broke up with me) we were best friends and lovers, I was on top of the world.. she was not like any other girl because I've tried dating other girls but I just don't find them living up to my expectations.

I understand that I have family and friends that love me, but it's just not the same.. some of you can probably relate and understand how I feel.

So after dating a few girls I've realised that my ex accatually was close to perfect from what I want and need. Ofcourse I wasn't happy about this.. but I couldn't change it.

I started talking to her a few days ago, just as friends not flirty or anything and I immediatly felt comfortable talking to her again. I want to let her know how I feel although I don't want to tell her to soon, I want to tell her in person but I have no idea how to handle a situation like this.. Isn't it weird to ask your ex that you haven't talked to in three/four months or something out for a drink all of a sudden?

Most Helpful Girl

• This happened to me before.. i simply text him and told him i wanted to drop all the awkwardness and i wanted to talk it over in person.. luckily he agreed to meeting me.. i wanted to kno of i still had feelings for him and wen we were saying goodbye i stole a kiss from him and drove off without saying a word.. the next day i told him to meet me at the same place and its been great being wit him again

Most Helpful Guy

• No, it's normal to miss someone, and if you once were happy, why should she object to getting together.. unless it was an angry break-up. Of course, without knowing why she broke it off, I'm just guessing here.

Hopefully she is also having second thoughts. But unless you contact her, you won't know for sure if she's having second thoughts!

What Girls Said 1

• i would be indifferent about it

What Guys Said 1

• I don't know. Haven't spoke to her for a year. Take it from me, it doesn't help thinking about ignoring her. Think about if you got better over the months.