If he responds to my message but doesn't ask a question, does he not want to conversation to continue? Do I message him again?

I've noticed this in multiple parts of my dating life.

For instance, I met a guy this weekend volunteering and we got along well. We added each other on Facebook and I sent him a message. He responded but didn't ask me any questions. Does this mean that he doesn't want to talk more? Should I message him with a question to continue the conversation? Or am I just forcing it and he is being polite?

Or, I'll be messaging with a guy I met on OkCupid (before we meet in person) and I'll ask questions and he responds to my questions but doesn't ask any back. If I respond to him with more questions the same will happen again. It seems like he doesn't care to get to know me, but then why is he responding?

What Guys Said 1

• The guy is so desperate for company, he doesn't ask any questions. Whatever your hobbies, pet peeves, or relationship history you have, all he wants is the doggone date!

• You have to ask yourself if it's worth your time to contact him again!

What Girls Said 0