How would you feel after hearing this from male best friend?

5 years ago a guy asked me on a date, 3 weeks later told me he still liked his ex and broke it off with me. 5 years later he is still with her and me and him are very good friends. he goes to a family party with me. He gets drunk and tells me that if his ex didn't exist we would probably still be together and he could start a family with me. This, a year after I forced myself to fall out of love with him. No worries, i'm over him. But I feel cheated somehow. And it made me think of the fact that the guy I like now said he likes me, but is still chasing his ex. How'd you feel with such a sequence of events?

Most Helpful Girl

• What he's saying is your his second option, if he had never met his gf hed be with you, but she does exist, so she is his first choice, its her he wants to be with over you.

What Guys Said 2

• I'd start thinking other people need to move on, jeezus! If it becomes apparent someone is still attached to their ex in an unhealthy way- red flag! Bye bye.

• There too many gray areas here. clear the air, quick!

What Girls Said 1

• Id say move.. he seems to think ur his rebound