What should I Tell him?

My friend just got dumped by his girlfriend a week ago. We were talking a couple of nights ago he said that his whole class thought that we were together. I have had people ask me the same thing. Now he wants to know if I like him. I'm not sure how I feel and am scared about ruining the relationship we already have. I'm also concerned about his break up. What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you don't like him then don't pretend like you do. If you find out that you really do like him then let him know. But don't fake it, if he finds out that you're faking it then it can probably hurt him more than his break up or your rejection. And make sure that if you do decide to tell him that you don't like him, make sure that he knows that you still love him as a friend and that you don't want anything to change.

• That's what I think you could do. But in the end it's your decision.

• I definetly don't want to lead him on. I've been on the receiving end and it sucks. I just don't want to be just a rebound either.

• Then see if he keeps his interest in you after a few weeks or even a month+. If he really likes you then he can wait. Perhaps even tell him you want to wait to make sure the feelings don't change. Just make sure you're not being used.

What Guys Said 1

• If you don't know how you feel, you probably shouldn't stay in the relationship. Don't be afraid to break up. It's part of the whole relationship thing.

What Girls Said 2

• It sounds like he might be considering you as a rebound. I'd definitely be hesitant and honest with him. If you like him, let him know, but also let him know that you value your friendship with him and that you'd hate to ruin it. If he still likes you after a few months, and you're interested, then it might be worth it to consider broadening your relationship. But nobody can healthily get over their ex in a week. It just doesn't happen.

• That's what I'm concerned about. I told him I wasn't sure because I'm honestly not. We agreed we needed to talk in person but he hasn't brought it up since. I just don't want to hurt him more than he already is.

• I agree with what Techie says. Stay away from being a rebound the best you can.

• Don't date him. He's just looking for someone to date to distract him from his breakup. You're not his freaking rebound. Help him through his breakup but do not date him. If you date him, he will only be thinking about the other girl and be using you to cover up his pain.

Once you date a guy friend and it doesn't work out, that friendship will never be the same.