Friends with a homeschool girl who gave so many signs and then I asked her out everything went to shit?

I liked this homeschool girl and she showed me so many signs that she liked me she is 17 and never has been in a relationship for example I kissed her cheek and gave her a hug and she blushed and we always teased eachother and she was always the first to text and snapchat me. so I decided to ask her out on a date and it freaked her out and she was like no I always looked at you as an older brother and I told her I am sorry about this and I said we will pretend like nothing happened I guess because she is homeschooled she decided to tell her parent who I am close with and I just thought destroyed everything and then today she snapchats me oooh that was pretty funny, and no worries everything is okay and we are bros for life, honestly like she is weird showed me so many signs that she like me for example she gave me a wedgy and all of that and as soon as I ask her on a date it completely turned but then she still wants to talk to me its so weird idn what to do, I feel she likes me but needs time to realize or something? Also I feel like I should write a apology letter to her parents because they are awesome people and I feel bad that this happen to them.

help
update

Most Helpful Girl

• If she really used the "older brother" expression, probably you should cool your jets. She is young and still is transitioning from being a girl to a young woman and I would guess that her feelings about everything change from day to day. You have a good relationship with her, be gentle with her feelings and respect them. You probably don't have to write an apology to the parents. Just be a gentleman. And then give the lady some space to grow. That;s probably what I would have wanted when I was that age. And who knows what will happen in a year or two?

• yea honestly like I fell for the signs she gave me and I asked many questions on here and people said she definetely likes you and then I asked her and it just went crazy but then she still wants to talk and text me the next day, like i should have been smarter and realized because I know I am a close friend of her and I did take it too far, I also know homeschooled parents are protective and honestly her parents have done so much for me and I really feel bad for what I did to them like they always had me for supper when I hung out with her brother and they were always so open and very helpful I just feel bad for what they faced idn if they are upset, and I would like to appologize I should have been more careful

• yeah hang in there-I agree with with the post below from 5232...

• thank you I just want to fix what has happened and just leave it at that

What Girls Said 2

• I think the issue is that she is not allowed to date. She is home schooled for a reason - her parents don't want her to be influenced by outside factors.

• yea that is true and that is why I want to apologize to her parents like I am pretty close with them, they always have me over and they really care about their kids and I made a stupid mistake like everything looked like she liked me and she gave me so many signs of blushing and everything but whatever that is not my problem I dont care if she doesn't want to date me I just feel bad what I put her parents and family through since they all find out I am planning to write a letter and apologize and also idn if I should give a gift or something

• What "happened" to her parents?

• nothing happen to them but I feel like they may be upset that I put their daughter through this as she went and told them, and I bet they think I am an idiot for doing it so I want to make it up as they are great people that always support me and everything and acted stupid accidentally

What Guys Said 1

• Homeschooled girls are weird when it comes to signs. Since they are not around other people as much the normal signs really are not normal for them. Don't write a letter, asking someone out means you like them, why apologize for that? If anything she should apologize for telling her parents.

• yea but she won't, and honestly her parents have done so much for me and I really feel bad for what I did to them like they always had me for supper when I hung out with her brother and they were always so open and very helpful I just feel bad for what they faced idn if they are upset

• yea thats what I feel too and then the next day she text me oh eveerything is fine bla bla bla she gave me so many signs that she liked me its not even funny, see I think homeschooled parents are protective of their kids and I just feel bad for what I did and I really as a genuine person want to write a sincere apology to them and clear up things because I can feel that things will always be different I mean honestly the amount I hung out with her I thought they would have a feeling personally I am not sure how they acted but I feel they view me different and her older brother is my close friend

• I am just posting this to update the post above is the real post to you